Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1)Does SCION dealers offer anything like road side assistance or towing during warrantty.

Did any one of you get something like this.

I took their 3yrs/40000 classic maintenance program which includes oil change every 5000 miles with all fluid check up and replacement. This also add 24 hrs road side assistance and locksmith etc(kinda like AAA) all for 295 bucks.

I thought it was worth, so I took it.

Now I am kinda wondering, my old civic came with such road side assistance at no cost.

and we do have 3 oil change coupons already.

IS IT WORTH ur two cents plx ?

2) I feel my wheels sway to either side, depending upon roads slope whenever I press brakes. Now steering feel like(tho kinda slightly to either side) going.

IS this normal with ABS, I never had ABS so not sure about it. This do not happen on a flat road, mab a lil

DO I NEED a DEALER VISIT

n hellya I finally saw some tc's yesterday...just crusing here in seattle.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Welcome... and if i've said that already... welcome again. I don't believe scion offers any sort of 24 hour road side assistance for free. Don't quote me on that... but I don't recall anyone telling me about this. About your wheels pulling one way or another when braking... sounds like the pads may not be seated properly yet. I could be wrong, but unless you're braking really hard, ABS is not going to affect it at all. How many miles on your tC? If you just got it, then you may need to brake a couple times pretty hard to seat the pads. Or you may have an alignment issue which the dealership should take care of. I think all cars will pull on sloped roads, but I don't remember it being bad enough to cause concern.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the info.

I guess its too lil a sway, but still I will visit my dealer coming weeknd....I have just 494 miles on it...it just drives great...

one more question guys...

FOR A MANUAL TRANS.

whenever ya apply brakes, do ya need to push clutch....

I only do it whenever I need to change gear or I do some significant braking like from 65 to 40 or something...else if its a lil brake then just the brake pedal...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
YEa dOOd thats KooL, Ya dont Kn33d to pu5h in the cLutcH.... Welcome to YourSciontC.com, but i got a ? will you have the same name after you arent a new guy? lol just askin.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No need to push the clutch in until and shift unless you are coming to a stop. If I have to slow down fast, I usually put it in netural until i figure out what gear I need.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... for some reason... I think Scions do offer towing. I just don't recall where I remember that from. It maybe tied to the extended warranty?? Not quite sure... maybe DAMON can tell us.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you look in the warranty book on page 10 it says that towing is covered if the car is inoperable due to a warranted part. If it takes longer than a day to repair your car you get a loaner car.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I wonder how they would know whether the car is inoperable due to a warranted part?? Would they send a mechanic out to where your car is stuck... have him/her examine your car right then and there... then decide whether the reason why your car is not functional is because of a warranted part?? If it is not caused by a warranted part, do they leave you there to fend for yourself and turn back?? I just wonder how that is supposed to work??

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Sep 28 2004, 07:39 PM
I wonder how they would know whether the car is inoperable due to a warranted part?? Would they send a mechanic out to where your car is stuck... have him/her examine your car right then and there... then decide whether the reason why your car is not functional is because of a warranted part?? If it is not caused by a warranted part, do they leave you there to fend for yourself and turn back?? I just wonder how that is supposed to work??
haha.. good point. Who knows how they decide that.... all I know is... I wouldnt trust it... I'll stick to AAA!

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Sep 28 2004, 07:39 PM
  I just wonder how that is supposed to work??
they way it may work is like this:

you pay the tow company. if it is a warranty item they reimburse you, if not....

^^^ i think i would go with AAA when it comes to towing and roadside asst. Don't know just good experiences.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Moriarty is right. Or, more likely, the tow is "free," but if the problem turns out to be non-warranted, they'll bill you for the cost of the tow.

BTW, roadside assistance is a little like extended warranties in my opinion...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I m saying about some oil change service plan which I took from my scion dealer here in seattle.

$295 Oilchange every 5k miles till 3years/ 40K

Including Road side assistance, free locksmith and fuel. ( not to exceed to $100 each incident )

This is called Toyota Classic Car Care Program.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts