Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Well 2 days ago, I was driving back home and was making a left turn on a green light witht the green arrow light on and as I was in the middle of the intersection turning. I look up and this toyota corolla is going at least 70 or 80 and isnt stopping I totallly floor the brakes as hard as I could and I heard a hard grind when I did it. After driving it a few times now, When in a quiet area and driving slow, I can hear some grindin from the front brakes. I have 3000 miles on it and its a daily driver. I just want to see if I should just change my brake pads, or is it a bigger issue. tHNX GUYS

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
i grinded my breaks once time, i hit them so hard. But they dont grind anymore.. i dunno man. scion dealership. Go.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Hmm. Maybe you sheared off a pin or bolt? Get the dealer to check it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Take it to the dealer. It should not make a grinding noise while driving down the street with the brakes off. There are a lot of possible reasons, none of them are good. Have it checked out.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should I tell them what really happened, or will they blame me and not fix it, or is it all under warranty no matter what? Sorry, first new car and never really had a warranty before. Thnx guys!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
They don't need an explanation of what happened. Just tell them the symptoms and let them check it out. From your description of what happened, it should not have affected the brakes anyway. I've done lots of full performance stops (ABS fully engaged) with my tC and I don't have the issue you describe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.