Square Port Area: 25 Sq/In
Port Length: 16”
Optimum Sealed Box: 0.75 - 1.25 Cu/Ft

Amp HK800D:
Power Output @ 14.4V DC
1 x 400 Watts Rms @ 4 Ohms
1 x 800 Watts Rms @ 2 Ohms
Dimensions (L x W x H) 11” x 7.25” x 2”

Do you think that this setup will bump? Opinions needed, thanks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
I tell you what I'll do! My friend just bought the same set up and should be getting it this week sometime. When we get it hooked up I'll take some video shots of it.

Dont get MA Audio. I had a 1889i amp and it blew after two weeks. I had it wired correctly btw.[/b]
thats an mi amp which isn't the best actual their lowest level amp. If it blows within two weeks it was either two things, factory defect in which warranty would replace it or two something wasn't wired right.

I have been running them for 3 years now and never been able to blow them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My 1889i was only running 2 weeks. It worked great while it worked. Then i totalled my car (amp not affected). I left the amp in my house for a few weeks while i got a enw car. I plugged it back in and it doesnt work.

So i did what you said and tried to contact ma. Too bad all their e-mails are failing to be delivered and they have no phone number listed and i dont wanna snail mail em back n forth. It's bullshit i had to go buy me an mtx amp today.

·
Registered
515 Posts
spattle
who did you buy the amp from? Here is the thing with warranty issues if you don't buy from an authorized dealer, then the manufactur doesn't have to warranty the product. MaAudio is redoing their website right now but I can see if I can help you out with that warranty or get you a number to call.

If after two weeks any of my products I sell fail I can normally do a warranty replacement. So make sure when you buy your stuff you get it from a good dealer. I have seen some shady ones online.

Michael

·
Registered
515 Posts
I prefer two 12" myself just because I really want it loud. If your getting the XC I would say two, if your getting the X2 I would say one. Really only 1 in a ported box will fit in the tC.

spattle
I talked to a few people and they all suggested you call the place where you bought the amp from. Calling MaAudio directly won't help you much. If the place you bought it from is not an authorized dealer then your pretty much out of luck. Unless they handle that problem in house. Try to stick with authorized dealers, you might have to pay more than what it is on ebay brand new but your guranteed to get some type of warranty. Authroized dealers sometimes can't advertise stuff below a certain pricing, we can get in trouble for that. I am sorry you had a bad expierance with the amp though, you can always try a repair shop. I know a lot of pawn shops in my area buy broken amps for 30.00 spend 30 more to fix it then sell it for premium price.

·
Registered
515 Posts
MaAudio
HK2000D or HK1398

I really favor the HK2000D since thats what I use and I know what type power it is capable of delervering.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
so this will be just fine?

1- HK-1398
2 x 800W RMS @ 2 Ohm Stereo

2-MA12G6
• 400W Rms
• 800W Max

since, they are gold plated, i want to reverse the way i put them on.. which box should i use?

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you want the G6 I would go with the HK2000D amp. That one amp can push two of those G6 easy! I would put them in a ported box. It will require about 3 cubic feet.

You'll pretty much have the same system as I have right now. Except mine are the old D6 models.

·
Registered
142 Posts
i got my 2 12X2's today. i dont have my dual ported box for them yet but i do have a 3 cubic foot ported box so i wired up one of the subs and screwed it in there and DAMN, hits harder than my audiobahn flameQ1200 and jl audio w3, and sounds alot better too, i cant wait to get both of them in, its going to be crazy. ill try to take some pics and maybe even get a video of it tomorrow.

if ur gonna get MAaudio talk to mike(lavaism) he can hook u up with wut u need, thats where i got my stuff, i would highly recommend talkin to him.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.