Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes, I know how to install one.

From my perspective it will make a large difference, but that's also considering my driving style. I would suspect you would also find it to be extremely beneficial. Many on this site would not, and have no need for the time or expense of installing a limited slip spool or Phantom Grip.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Quaife has a LSD for the tC (part number is now available) but I have not found anyone that is actually selling. This one site I found has yet to respond to my inquiry.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
With SC coming out soon, LSD might be an interesting upgrade.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
doesnt rick (raamaudio) run the phantom grip?

$350 direct from their site.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have one but not installed just yet, maybe tomorrow:)

I used one in our turbo Matrix, fat R compounds, stiff clutch, a ton of autocrosses, some drags, other fun stuff, drove the car very hard, now in another car(tranny swapped) and holding it's own with approx 40k miles, not bad at all:)
Plus it worked great!

Rick

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i am eyeing it, and will be kinda relying on your input (your reputation proceeds you in certain circles), so let us know when you get it in and what you think. i imagine if you were happy with it on the matrix (i have one of those, too) it should be equally nice on the tC.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Was able to get in touch with Quaife. Whilst there is a part number available for it; there is, as of now, a expected release date or price. I was told, off the record, to expect it "before 2006".

Since it doesn't need CARB approval, let's hope that they don't pull a TRD

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have had my unit for quite some time but no time to install it yet, been waiting though on other parts some of that time, then moved, then busy as heck, then....

Have a fully overbooked week but hopefully we can find some time next week to install it and a pile of other related parts:)

I expect great results, just like I did with the last one in the Matrix:)

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I searched for Limited Slip Differential & found this.....

Questions to Raamaudio: Have you installed your LSD yet? Did you install it or did you get it installed? Where did you get it? How much did it cost you? Also... any other information you can think of regarding this lline of questioning would be awesome!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I got it directly from Phantom Grip as a partial sponsorship deal.

I installed it myself but had to get some maching work done on the differential to make it fit perfectly.

Retail is $350, labor to have installed could be as high as $800+ due to the large amount of work that has to be done.

I have not driven the car yet, working on the turbo now.

I had one in my last car, 250WHP Turbo Matrix, it worked great!

Rick

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by raamaudio@Mar 23 2006, 12:53 AM
I got it directly from Phantom Grip as a partial sponsorship deal.

I installed it myself but had to get some maching work done on the differential to make it fit perfectly.

Retail is $350, labor to have installed could be as high as $800+ due to the large amount of work that has to be done.

I have not driven the car yet, working on the turbo now.

I had one in my last car, 250WHP Turbo Matrix, it worked great!

Rick
Let me get this straight--machine work was necessary? If that's the case, I'm going to knock this item off my list of potential mods, because I am not gong to machine any of my stock parts to get this to work.

####, I'd rather wait for your tranny project w/integrated limited slip--at least if it doesn't wotk well I can throw the stock pieces back on! But for the cost of the new tranny, it had better work!

-Ed

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.