Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Krzy, is that pic of a TC with the TRD? What's the drop...like 1"? I was thinking of doing a 2-3 " myself. I don't want to be scraping everything or rubbing the rear when people are in the backseats. I'm currently on 18's and i'm also thinking of getting the ground effects.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by krzy@Jan 22 2005, 01:38 PM
The TRD springs are pretty nice and the ride quality doesn't suffer at all in my opinion. How low does she want to go?
Not too much, she read on this site/forum about lowering that actually helped the body roll with springs/shocks, I cant find the thread....

We are 6 months from doing anything on the tC...

I just started gathering parts for my truck lift... we agreed to get the truck done then take on the tC this summer.... Money isnt growing to well on the trees in yard

thnx for the response, I am a bit premature and will do more info gathering to get opinions...

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
The trd springs definitely help with removing body lean in turns. The rear sway bar also helps cut that down also. And it's not slammed and mine still clears pretty high speed bumps.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Originally posted by TeeCee@Jan 22 2005, 03:19 PM
Hey Krzy, is that pic of a TC with the TRD? What's the drop...like 1"? I was thinking of doing a 2-3 " myself. I don't want to be scraping everything or rubbing the rear when people are in the backseats. I'm currently on 18's and i'm also thinking of getting the ground effects.
Those are TRD springs. I'm not sure of the actual drop distance, i think its about 2". I've had 3 other full grown adults in the car with no rubbing or bottoming out issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jan 22 2005, 11:35 PM
The TRD springs should be stock they're so good.
If you look closely at the pics at scion.com, a lot of them actually show the car lowered. I was surprised at the dealership when i saw how high the car actually is.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'll never understand you people who complain about the height of the car with the stock springs...if you add the springs for a performance improvement, that's one thing, and sure, there's a slightly noticeable difference in appearance...but I just don't get the complaints about "how high" the car is...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Not to me...I didn't even notice it til I started reading all this stuff on here about lowering and TRD springs...

·
Registered
427 Posts
The TRD springs were the first mod I did. The only thing I really noticed was reduced body roll around corners. I dont generally run auto-cross around town so I guess it makes sense. I'm not complaining about the stock ride height, I just like cars that have less space in the wheel wells. On the flip side, I'm also not very fond of cars with wheels that dive behind body panels when the car is just sitting.

To each his own.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Honestly, I can tell the difference between a lowered tC and one that's stock, and I think the TRD springs do make the car look nice...but I never noticed it and never cared before I kept seeing people talking on here about how much better it looks...
I'm not sure what that goes to show exactly...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Clearly. But why didn't I care before, and why do I care slightly now?

Edit: BTW, nice to see you back posting again regularly, Zygote!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.