Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone? So for Christmas, I bought my girlfriend (l3LkatC24) Tein S.Tech Springs. I must say, without the "how-to" written by inevitablegod, things would have been much more time consuming. Good stuff!! We took our time, having dinner and lounging around halfway into the install. It took us about 4 to 5 hours including sitting around. Hehe. When all was done, the proud tC owner was in the corner smiling like a little school girl.
So here are some pics of the finished product:









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,964 Posts
Hey another jerseyan... where's that shopping plaza? It looks familiar...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,586 Posts
Good job. It's funny, though -- if I lowered my fiance's car, I doubt she would even notice.
 

·
Former '05er
Joined
·
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 11 2006, 01:14 PM
Good job. It's funny, though -- if I lowered my fiance's car, I doubt she would even notice.
I'd only hear, "I didn't have to worry about speed bumps before, why did you mess up my car?"

She is truly the queen of stock. Her car has tint (she's a Florida girl-no suprise there) and better tires (she did complain loudly about the stock tires sliding in the rain). That's it. She's perfectly happy with the stock car.

Wait 'til I tell her I want to get an IS350...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The front is lowered 2.4in and rear is 2.0in. Don't quote me on that but i'm pretty sure.

The shopping complex is on Oak Tree Rd in South Plainfield

Don't mind telling at all. In my opinion, for how much the car is lowered the spring rates are rather soft. I would only recommend these to only those looking to lower the car while maintaining a stock ride and comfort. As far as auto-x'ing goes, I wouldn't get them.


I actually got her the springs because that was the first thing she wanted to do when she got the car. So I did her a favor.
She actually wants it a little lower. Personally, I think she's crazy. haha. I am pretty grateful that she knows a bit about cars. So she can fully appreciate a modified car.
 

·
Ironhead
Joined
·
13,253 Posts
looks good. damn, the s-techs drop it lower than i would be okay with in the front. its all i can do to keep my nose off the ground at a 2" drop on all four corners.
and, btw, glad something i did actually benefitted someone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,964 Posts
Originally posted by S13pt5det@Jan 12 2006, 03:28 AM
The front is lowered 2.4in and rear is 2.0in. Don't quote me on that but i'm pretty sure.

The shopping complex is on Oak Tree Rd in South Plainfield

Don't mind telling at all. In my opinion, for how much the car is lowered the spring rates are rather soft. I would only recommend these to only those looking to lower the car while maintaining a stock ride and comfort. As far as auto-x'ing goes, I wouldn't get them.


I actually got her the springs because that was the first thing she wanted to do when she got the car. So I did her a favor.
She actually wants it a little lower. Personally, I think she's crazy. haha. I am pretty grateful that she knows a bit about cars. So she can fully appreciate a modified car.
I thought it looked familiar! I used to live down the street from there...

Ever thought of joining a Scion club? ScioNRG is in NJ and we have a lot of members from the area around here. I'm in New Brunswick now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
geez i thought my girl was tight for understanding springs (buying mine)and liking cars and modding and stuff but dang! YOURS PUT THE SPRINGS ON! good job you 2. looks wondermous.

and u really cant beat that OEM lip kit on a BSP. i swear it looks the best on that color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear@Jan 12 2006, 11:37 AM
geez i thought my girl was tight for understanding springs (buying mine)and liking cars and modding and stuff but dang! YOURS PUT THE SPRINGS ON! good job you 2. looks wondermous.

and u really cant beat that OEM lip kit on a BSP. i swear it looks the best on that color.
Ever since she got her tC, the tuning bug bit her. When we first met, she didn't really care too much about cars. I think it was the fact that she got a new car AND yoursciontc.com. Everytime I see her on the computer, she's always on this site. Now I'm starting to get all into the tC, looking for future mods and what not. With the addition to my car, it's another money pit!!


Yea, if you haven't noticed that's my car in the background in one of the pics.
The red rims are jdm (oOoOOooOOoo) Fortron Drag FG wheels. Supposedly, there're only four sets in the U.S. Other than that, just the basic s13 mods.

I'm trying to suck in my girl into a turbo setup.
It would be so cool. Both of us would be boosted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,964 Posts
Originally posted by S13pt5det
The shopping complex is on Oak Tree Rd in South Plainfield
Close enough to Edison


All of you Jerseyans should come to the Rockaway Mall meet tomorrow! 2PM at the back of the Food Court parking lot at Rockaway Mall in Dover.

If you can't make it, there's a huge every-type-of-car meet at Freehold Raceway Mall on Sunday night @ 7:30. I might go to that one too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Originally posted by S13pt5det@Jan 12 2006, 10:33 PM
Ever since she got her tC, the tuning bug bit her.  When we first met, she didn't really care too much about cars.  I think it was the fact that she got a new car AND yoursciontc.com.  Everytime I see her on the computer, she's always on this site.  Now I'm starting to get all into the tC, looking for future mods and what not.  With the addition to my car, it's another money pit!! 


Yea, if you haven't noticed that's my car in the background in one of the pics. 
  The red rims are jdm (oOoOOooOOoo) Fortron Drag FG wheels.  Supposedly, there're only four sets in the U.S.  Other than that, just the basic s13 mods.

I'm trying to suck in my girl into a turbo setup. 
  It would be so cool.  Both of us would be boosted.
That is hilarious! That sounds just like me and my fiancee. He has a Dodge Neon and he is so jealous that I have a better car than him. I am BIG TIME into my car and modifying it. I think i get on his nerves talking about my car all the time but hey, can you blame me?? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk+Jan 13 2006, 06:50 AM-->QUOTE (krdshrk @ Jan 13 2006, 06:50 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-S13pt5det
The shopping complex is on Oak Tree Rd in South Plainfield
Close enough to Edison


All of you Jerseyans should come to the Rockaway Mall meet tomorrow! 2PM at the back of the Food Court parking lot at Rockaway Mall in Dover.

If you can't make it, there's a huge every-type-of-car meet at Freehold Raceway Mall on Sunday night @ 7:30. I might go to that one too! [/b]
yoo, imma try and be there, but my car is still stock right now, and fuckin dirty. + mine is not lowered too, but i will try and go there.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top