Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
all pure pricing means is that the posted dealer price is the price you pay. lowering the price doesnt violate pure pricing, as long as it is posted and advertising. dealers could do this at any time. most dont, and stick to msrp because of the low profit margin in the vehicles. it is possible that an area dealer my post lower prices for scions as the model year closes. i did last year on my xA's and xB's. but if you are expecting a significant drop in pricing, you will be disappointed. there just isnt much room for us as dealers to move prices and not lose money. ours dropped 100 bucks off msrp and 10% of accessories. and i was still sold out of 04's a week after the 05's landed. i doubt we will drop the price on the tC at all, maybe offer the accessories deal, but as fast as these cars move, i dont think many dealers are going to feel the need to drop the price. i doubt i will have any 05 tC's left over.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Mar 28 2005, 02:14 PM
preach it brother.
can i get an amen?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
i'll give you a Halleluiah!!!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt. anyone who doesnt get their money's worth of fun from this car i call into question your fun factor. sometimes i wish we did negotiate. i'd make more money selling them. and all last summer i would have stacked a $2k dealer mark up on them. i find it hard to believe that people always want a deal. the car is a deal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Actually I was informed by a dealer that they are not allowed to lower the price. If they do they would lose 40% of their stock. I heard this from two different dealers independent of each other and totally unaffiliated with each other, other than they both sell Toyota, Scion, Lexus.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
well, not to rain on their parade, but they are wrong. as a dealer, i am well aware of what we are allowed to do under the pure price guidelines. as long as its advertised, posted, and across the board on all similar models ( for example, all xB's on the lot), we can have whatever price we want. there is no way scion or toyota could tell independent dealers what they can charge. thats called price fixing, and a federal violation. now, if what your dealers meant was they couldnt change the price on something that is posted and advertised, that is correct. unless they go back and repost every car and advertise it as such, for a specific amount of time. thems the rules. toyota is not involved in price fixing.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
hey d,

don't you just love having that conversation?

i am kinda over people trying to get me to "throw something in"

or "can you give me that hot lava die cast xB"

or "can I take that cool little tC hanging from your window"

or "can I take that cool little die cast xB on your wall"

or ".......

but, as you know, I will continue to educate while talking #### behind their backs.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Well, I'm still amazed so many car dealerships don't get the whole Scion model. They persist in hiring a55holes for salespeople who use the standard high pressure BS to get people to buy cars. It makes about as much sense as putting 60 year old salesmen on Internet sales. Those guys still want a pad and paper to write things down when they are sitting in front of a computer. Freaking brilliant!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.