Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I would like to say hello to all of you as this is my first post here. This board was exactly what I was looking for as a new TC owner! I do have a question, the low beam is a 9006 51W and I would love to change it out to something more "hid looking". What bulbs can i trust to not melt the housing, as I do think that would make me shed tears haha. If I stick to a normal 51W bulb I should be fine correct? Thanks for all the help guys:)

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Eric@Jul 10 2004, 11:31 AM
welcome to the site TCrazy!

yah, that should be fine... I made the mistake of using 100w bulbs once & well, yah, that was a mistake
Thanks Eric! I have been browsing around the internet looking for different types of 51W bulbs and most of them have markings that say 51W=100W 4000k which confuses me......is it 51W or 100W!!! My domestic car heritage is really showing through in my ignorance here haha.

·
Registered
619 Posts
What you'll want is a standard wattage buld. You could go with the PIAA extreme white or The Silvania i think, maybe its phillips
Silverstars. I would stay away from the really cheap painted blue bulbs. I read some where that its hard to get a whiter light than what comes standar with new cars these days. IMO it its not worth spending the money unless you going HID...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by ycart1201@Jul 10 2004, 07:53 PM
yeah, the last thing you want to do with a new car is melt the wiring harness

Nathan
ycart1201

PS: post up some pics of your tC bulb swap
Not a problem, I plan to post up some photos of the car on Tuesday. I dont like showing off, but I got the ground effects kit and I know some people on here would be curious to see some decent pics of it maybe?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've leaning towards PIAA 9006 Xtreme White headlights but aren't sure what color they project (i hope to get a blue/purple/white image)?
I would get HIDs, but too much $$$
for now...
So if anyones who's tried anything that looks clean wats da 4.1.1.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts