·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Owie!!!

I think I will be driving even slower tomorrow than I have been since I got my baby...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Dang...that is completely busted up.

Good to hear that the driver and passenger faired OK though...and to hear that the driver is so impressed with the safety of the car that he wants to get another one.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ok... that really freaks me out, maybe thats why i wont drive my own car alone until i get more practice on, i hope either Scion or what not finds out whats up with the brakes, is there anyway to make ABS kick in? that way i can see if mine works normally? Oh and about the safety, its nice to see that the roof didnt look damaged at all, but the interior what was that white stick? it was like huge... scary

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok, I guess now it confirms to me that the passenger side airbag works. What surprised me was the front driver side rims, they are completely busted, cracked. I can't believe that.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What I'm surprised about is the roof... it seems to be undamaged and intact. The glass doesn't even seem to have shattered, cracked or anything...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, the roof looks surprisingly good....I think the white thing inside the "cockpit" looks to be like white foam/insulation or something.

Anyone have any idea as to what that is?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by phammerz@Aug 10 2004, 07:14 AM
ok... that really freaks me out, maybe thats why i wont drive my own car alone until i get more practice on, i hope either Scion or what not finds out whats up with the brakes, is there anyway to make ABS kick in? that way i can see if mine works normally? Oh and about the safety, its nice to see that the roof didnt look damaged at all, but the interior what was that white stick? it was like huge... scary
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, it sounds to me like driver error. =P

·
Registered
8 Posts
At the risk of sounding like a jerk, it sounds to me like driver error. =P[/b]
Unless there is a legitimate problem with the ABS, and there may be one, it was probably driver error. I am pretty impressed with the way the car held up though. I look at pictures of accident vehicles for a living all day long, and most cars get really messed up when they hit a tree. The safety cage on the tC performed perfectly. The only thing that bothered me was the position of the left front wheel; looks like there may have been some driver's side footwell intrusion there. Does anybody know how fast that guy was going when the car hit the tree? I would really like to know?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thats crazy stuff. I have never liked ABS personally. ABS is the only thing that I wish wasn't stardard on the tC becuase I woulnd't get it if I had a choice. If there is one thing on the car that I want to control with my foot and not a computer, it's my brakes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts