Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into tinting my BSP tC when I do finally get it later this week. I've read that nonmetallized films are a better choice to avoid any interference with GPS, satellite radio, etc., and so far, the only ones I've really considered are Llumar's Llumastar or Madico's Charcool tint. I believe both have lifetime warranties against fading and the like, but what I'm curious about each one's color properties. I've seen a number of pictures of the Llumastar from a local installer that all look like they have a greenish tint, which I don't think I want, but I'm not sure if that's just a particular color of the llumastar film or what. I haven't really been able to find pictures of the charcool.

I'd really like a pure dark gray color. I do not anticipate getting anything more than 35% tint. I've seen plenty of pictures of tinted tCs, but not that actually say what tint was used. Anyone have a preference or pics? I've never gotten a vehicle tinted before. I'm not looking to go cheap on the tint job, and I am just a bit nervous about ending up looking out of greenish windows, which I think would look lousy with black.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
this is just my speculation, and it's very possible that I may be wrong, but I think that the greenish color comes from the color of the glass. If you take a careful look, and compare normal color, and then look through your side window, you'll notice the color looks a bit greener. Not sure though....and I know nothing about tinting, but I'm also interested in getting it done relatively soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts