Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was washing my car this morning and noticed a bunch of little rust spots on the back of my car (back bumper and back trunk). Its not noticable til you put your eyes down near the paint job, but you can feel it. It feels like little bumps! Does anyone else have this prob. or know of a solution?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
wolo is the master of the search function.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I have some little black ##### all over my car, but you can't tell unless your like.00001 away from the car. They come off when you scratch em with your nail, maybe its some sort of tree sap.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah it makes those vagina mistakes just melt away...you know they charge a lot of money at a spa for mud packs...

·
Registered
191 Posts
claybar is becoming more and more popular, you should be able to find it at your local pepboys, autozone, or any other store of the sort..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I took the car to the dealership today and found out what those spots are from! ACIDIC RUST from all of the factories around florida.... He even was nice enough to show me how to take it off with some compound and it works or you can take it to a professional detailer and have them detail the WHOLE car with a compound then wax....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prehensile - What it is, is from the Acid in the air from the orange factories and the rain + acid = rust spots ALL over the car, but mainly the back because thats where all the rain goes when your moving and then it stops raining and mainly dries in the back!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Acidic rust? That's interesting. I'v never heard of such, but I have heard of rail dust on cars. Most cars are transported via train and the train wheels kick up rusty dust off the rails that gets embedded in car paint. If you pass railroads a fair amount you'll notice it get into your paint over and over again. I clay bar mine once or twice a year due to this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.