Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my tC its a lot of fun and looks nice, but I really wish that I had more than one wheel to do all my accelleration with.

I know that you can get some vehicles with limitied slip differentials, which allow you to use both wheels on that axle to drive the car with. Is there anyone / anyplace out there that can say what would need to be done, cost, etc of getting limitied slip for the front differential?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by djonezr@Jan 1 2005, 09:36 PM
I really wish that I had more than one wheel to do all my accelleration with.
Dude, WTF?

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
He has a good point, the car uses an open spool, not a limited slip spool, so unless available traction is identical for both wheels, only one wheel will be accelerating the car.

None of the usual sources list a LSD spool for a Camry or the tC. Quaife, Kaaz, TRD, etc. are silent on this. Putting one in is no small feat either...

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
They do for the V-6 Camry. Not the I-4. I didn't find anything for an I-4 Camry.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Originally posted by 510sciontc@Jan 3 2005, 03:55 PM
but I really wish that I had more than one wheel to do all my accelleration with.

I don't think he know what a open spool is, or even realizes that both tires turn on acceleration. um... yeah........ [/b][/quote]
I think he's looking for a better launch. Of course both wheels get power when accelerating... but one major problem that plagues FWD cars during launch is wheel hop cause by only one wheel spinning due to open differential. A Limited Slip will allow both front wheels to grip and spin during a lauch providing a better jump off the line.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey heres something i found on the limited slip
TCtunerz has come out with news on a phantom grip limited slip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.