Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever seen these bars? it connects to the car where the seatbelts meet the chassis. its much like a strut bar but lays close to the floor in back of the front seats, its adjustable also. i wonder if they fit the tc and if they do would it be worth the money? im guessing its almost like an extra crossmember, stiffen the chassis some, maybe get rid of some twist and keep some things from rattling over time?
im not sure what the name of it is, ill have to look around.
thanks for any input

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i found the name of the manufacturer, arospeed, they call it a lower rear floor bar, found it in a jc-whitney catalog, $99.95 plus shipping.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nahhh, i doubt im going to need a roll cage, or even the fllorbar for that matter. i just saw the website for arospeed, its says they make roofbars too. i had never seen them before, i was just curious if anyone had ever used them... well when i get my tc i might buy the floorbar, ill keep ya's posted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the bar may weigh a little, cant see it waying very much, but it acts like a crossmember would on a full framed car, keep it rigid. i think it would only help if you were a serious racer, like autocross or something.

·
Registered
742 Posts
The tC has a very robust floor pan and even has bolt on braces on each side under the front edge of the rear seat to stiffen up that area of the chassis. I have my doubts about any need for such an aftermarket part on our cars.

By the way, we are building our tC to be a very very fast autocrosser, sometime drag racer and do some track days with, spent 200 hours and thousands of dollars so far, just on the chassis setup so you know we think before we buy, ANYTHING:)

Rick

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thanks for the info fellas, i wasnt too worried about flex until i started reading about all the squeeks and rattles in the car. i thought maybe the car was twisting too much and loosening everything up.
i dont plan on auto-x or even drag racing the tc....when.... i get it.
i wanna keep it as a solid daily driver, and from what ive seen most roll cages make getting in and out difficult. not only that im not going to need a roll bar at all, hopefully anyway, ive gotten pretty good at keeping cars from rolling. thanks again for the info

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Roll cages in street driven cars are not a good idea. Even with extensive padding, the bars can and will kill occupants without helmets. If you want a racecar, build a racecar. If you plan on having a daily driver, install a hoop you can remove when you are not at the track. It's really NOT a good idea to bounce your head off the roll cage without a helmet on, and it's really easy to do unless you are of a really diminuitive stature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.