Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st- I've gone through the forums front to back, and I've learned a whole lot more stuff than I knew before and I wanna thank yall for being so informative. I'm gonna post pics after I upgrade my car a bit, and once I figure out how to post them. I still don't understand headlights very well. (Hyper white lights, HIDs, angel eyes, bulbs sizes, yada yada) I'm getting the OEM fogs for my BSP tC and i want to eventually have those and my headlights be hyper white, but I'm not sure how to go about that. I also wanna get rid of all the amber in the headlights.

2nd- Why does it seem like everyone hates the TYC's so much?? I mean yes when i first saw them i didn't like them....but I think they look pretty good on a BSP. I also thought they looked good on eddnogs tC, before they were smoke. (They look better smoked though)

BSP with TYC's

· Registered
4,894 Posts
I personally don't like the huge white part on the TYC's and the weird way the bottom part is shaped inside.

As for lights, I would get Silverstars or HID's. Hyper white is the color depth of the lights. 4300K (Yellowish), 5500K (White), 6000K, 8000K (Bluish). The higher you go the bluer or more purple the lights.

Angel Eyes are a lighted 'halo' ring around the circular part of the headlights. BMW's have them.

· ex-06'er
1,116 Posts
My main knock on the TYC's is the amber turn signal. I really dislike amber lighting on the outside (or inside but I'm learning to cope) of cars in general. Certain colored cars look better with the TYC's than others IMO...NB for example doesn't look that great I think, which is part of the reason I'm not so interested in them.

I had the Silverstar bulbs in my projectors on my old car, and they looked pretty good and saved the problems of buying and installing a HID kit so if you're up that alley go for those.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
The biggest problems I have with the TYCs are the bubbly look they have, and that black border around the taillight itself. I also don't like the fact that the brake lights are pinkish.

· Registered
193 Posts
TYC'S are real nice IMO, Looks great on my car; especially after Zolitz overlayed it. I remember one of my friend told me that the TYC's look like bumble bee's. lol

· Registered
396 Posts
I really didn't care for the TYC's before I got my car. Mine were a dealer installed option so I didn't really have a choice because I wanted my car already. They really grew on me though. They give more life to the back of my car. I agree with pat about them not looking right on certain colors. I think they only look good on BSP's actually. The stockers look better on the other cars. Still debating on smoking them or not, or I might even go red. My sister is going on vacation next week so I have until then to decide because I'll be driving around her car while mine is getting (hopefully) smoked tails and dde's.

Like everything else in life is...

its all preference.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
buying tycs=$270 roughly.
smoking them like eddnogs=$150
shipping and installing= $100 ??

total= $520

Is it worth it?

OR

Order regular smoked lights from Zoltiz= $70 plus installation

· Registered
4,327 Posts
Can't you install them yourself?

TYCs + shipping = $264
Smoke them like EddNog + send OEM tails to zoltiz = $110
Shipping total = $10-15??
Installing = DIY, Free

Total = ~$385

Oh its worth it

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O i thought i read from eddnog that he payed 150 to double overlay them......and i wouldn't know how to install them myself. If i tried then this is what id be doing

haha i was just looking for an excuse to use that smiley

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by ruckus789@Dec 28 2005, 05:57 PM
O i thought i read from eddnog that he payed 150 to double overlay them......and i wouldn't know how to install them myself. If i tried then this is what id be doing

haha i was just looking for an excuse to use that smiley
Nah; you read that they're currently charging people $150 to do it exactly like I did them.

No comment regarding what I paid.

You can get it done for less cost by doing it less elaborate than my design, i.e. only single layer and/or simpler cuts compared to my design.

-Ed

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by ruckus789@Dec 28 2005, 06:14 PM
haha eddnog replied to my post...haha i feel honored.
Oh uh; okay, thanks(?)! I'm glad you're honored.

I mean I'm coming up on 1400 posts so...I don't know how special it is, but cool!

-Ed

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hah its cuz its my first post uve written in. Its really not that big of a deal. Im just trying to get more posts in so i dont have the newbie tag haha. I really like ur car by the way. Ur rims are awesome, to me they look bigger than 17's. love the tail lights too, I want them sooo bad, if only i had the monnnney. Ur headlights are pimp too, I wanna change my ugly headlights someday

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.