Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. I have about $1000 invested in red lights and a siren on my '05 tC for responding to emergency calls for my volunteer Fire/Rescue squad. NOBODY will pull over for my tC. I can't afford to put anymore lighting on it, so I'm thinking I need to play with the location of my lights. Does anyone here have lights and siren on their tC?? Any Tips??

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
probably not, but that doesnt mean someone doesnt have a great idea for the placement of them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My digi cam is out for service right now, so a pic is out of the question.

I've got four 1.5" x 4" rectangular lights behind the grille, the two on each side of the scion emblem are LED, and the two on the outside of those are strobe.

I've got a 16" x 10" low profile (1.5" high) LED light bar that is secured to the front sunroof, (and yes it does move with the roof when it opens)

I think my problem is that the grille is too low, so when I get less than 20 or 30 feet behind a vehicle, they lose those in their rear view mirror. The bar on the roof, I haven't the slightest idea why they don't see that.

Or it could just be that the average person doesn't look for a black import coupe when they hear a siren

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Ahh someone from my home state. Vermonters are usually very good about pulling over.

Would it be possible to add lights to the inside of the car by the windshield? If they see it flashing from there they may pull over.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You're absolutely right, I need some windshield level warning. I tried this when I first bought the car, but becuase of the long slope/angle of the windshield (as opposed to that of a truck or SUV) I got such a bad reflection that I couldn't see at night.

I've seen some guys with SUV's do cool custom flush mount mirror installs, but you need about 2 inches clearance in the mirror housing. Anyone know what the inside of our tC mirrors look like. I can only imagine there is not much room, with the motor, side directional and what not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think i might know your problem. being on a volunteer fire department in maine i understand where you are coming from. i dont have lights on my tc but i know that in the state of maine we do not have to pull over for a regular vehicle. we do have to pull over for ambulances fire etc. but not for civilians car even if they display red lights. some people just dont want to pull over. saving lives that is not there own for some reason is not top priority. thanks derick

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Is there any way to put some tape or something around it so it doesn't reflect back? Maybe a shield around it that it goes out to a wide enough angle so the outside can see, but not reflect back at you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.