Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the white light inside the lighter cubbyhole an LED or just a white light? If it's an LED I was thinking about changing it to blue to match the outside... then maybe add some more in various spots... not sure yet. Opinions welcomed.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I took a piece of blue stage spotlight gel and taped it to the top of the cubbyhole, covering the white light. Now I have blue illumination. Total time spent - 35 seconds with scisors and tape.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
??Spotlight Gel?? What is it & where do I get it?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Actually, mr. DJ, you out of all people should know what it is

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey now... i just spun the records I didn't do the lighting in the club... but yeah... I should've guessed.... Durrrr!

But is it possible to change the color of the bulb itself? I know someone has had the cover off... I just want it as professional as possible.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i thought the light was amber in color. i would like to change it too. anyone know how and what bulb size?

·
Registered
614 Posts
totally cool! thanks eric.
now a little trip to ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome Eric..... thanks for finding that one out.... now I can change it out... maybe this weekend.... I'm gonna check around here somewhere... I'm gonna hook my underbody LED's this weekend.... hopefully I will remember the digital camera.

·
Registered
614 Posts
think you can get a group buy? might be hard to decide on a color we all want though, but i think we all want blue from what i've heard.

by the way, is it an easy pop out the old bulb, pop in the new bulb procedure? or is it more complicated?

·
Registered
128 Posts
it's so funny - I was just thinking about this the other day. I looked under there and was like, I should so replace that with a blue light.

but one question. I went to superbrightleds.com - do I want 5mm or 3mm? If 5mm, what intensity/viewing angle should I go with for that cubby? (okay 2 questions)

Jeff

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Hmm... I don't even see those options... Do they ask you in the checkout process? I haven't ordered thru them, so I don't know...

the order page (under 74 LED bulb) only has the following info:
74 LED bulb
Small Wedge Base LED bulb (74 type)
3/16 inch wide base, 13/16 inch overall length
Flat tipped LED produces wide beam angle
$ 1.19[/b]
and it appears you can only select the color you want...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got it. Ordered a blue and an amber. I'll let ya know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, please do... I wanna know how & what I need to do to change mine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Okay I have the bulbs now but I've now heard of 3 different ways to install them. One guy said he used needle nose pliers - which is what I was gunna do until someone said that you can crack the bulb that way and that it was just as easy to reach around and pull the bulb out from behind. Someone else said they removed the center console (not something that a hands-off guy like me is comfortable with). So my question is: can I just use the needle nose pliers? Or should I really try this reach around from the back thingy.

If I need to get around to the back (from the passenger side apparantly), can anyone go into detail on how to do this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts