Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Labfish and USPS extra fast shipping (2nd day took 4 days, as usual) I got the TRD knob that I dreamed of for a while, but was too greedy to spend $60+ on.

Feels different - almost grinded third cause the knob slipped out of my hand (it's skinnier than stock), but at least it matches the interior (except for stupid TRD stickers).

Here we go:

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bright red and silver TRD logo bothered me so much that I had to take a piece of tint and black it out:

Flash makes it look brighter than it is in real life - so if you look hard enough you can still see TRD in bright sunlight, but generally it's pretty much illegibly dark. Just the way I like it

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
LoL...I shipped it out on a Friday afternoon and he complains that it arrives on a Tuesday. That with a holiday thrown in where nobody delivers. Tsk tsk tsk.
I'd say that's pretty good for Priority snail mail.

I liked my aluminum OBX knob better. Man that short shifter is short. How's it do for weight-wise and getting through the gears?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Besides being a little slippery and skinnier than stock knob the TRD one is pretty comfortable. Weight is comparable to stock, so not much difference here. I really hope it will get worn it a bit in terms of being slippery, or I will have to grip it differently. Looks nice and I like the leather feel a little better than plastic.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You can put the knob on your auto, but you'll probably look dumb because it's got the shift pattern on it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Feb 23 2005, 09:08 PM
You can put the knob on your auto, but you'll probably look dumb because it's got the shift pattern on it.
Hmm...yeah but maybe I could fool someone into thinking I had a manual-automagic combo where somehow I flip a switch and it turned into a manual. Never know.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.