Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a good 2 hours at Lynch Scion in Manchester, CT today, and they had a tC in the showroom with a dealer option leather/heated seat (driver & passenger) $1495. Sound like a good deal?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm not sure what Katzkinz (sp?) go for, but I'd find out... and maybe even call your local custom upholstery shop and get a quote from them as well. Can't hurt... and it might save you some money, or at the least some worry. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sounds good to me, i got mine for 1600 , no heated seats though, but mine is dark grey leather, except the upper part of the seat, that is a light grey suede with bitchin scion logo's embroidered into the suede, so maybe that's why its a little more expensive than the ones that you're considering, that price sounds good to me, if you want pics, let me know, i'll email them to you, i'm not too good with posting pictures on this site, last time i posted, the pictures were huge and you couldn't look at one without scrolling

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't had the chance to look around yet, but I really like the idea of heated leather seats. Not to mention, it would be really nice if they were in and ready to go when I picked it up from the dealership rather than trying to find the time and place to get it done. I'm trying to weigh if that process of getting prices, finding a reliable shop that will warrantee their work (the ones the dealer offered had lifetime warranty...I'll be sure to get that in writing), and finding the time inbetween traveling for work to get it done VS having the dealer do it for me.

Sad to say, but with trying to get my Jeep fixed from an accident last month, I'm getting to the point that I just want things to get done and get done properly even if it'll cost me an extra hundred. I just want to make sure that this isn't a MAJOR rip-off.

The seats are flat black leather (will look killer in the FM I'm going with) and the buttons for the heat are on the front of the center console. Thanks for all of your replies - I'm going to look around a little and see what I can find, but I have a feeling I'll suck it up and let the dealer do it, considering they're only getting fog lights and side air bags out of me. Everything else is coming for 1/2 the dealer price from trdsparks.com.

Looks like I'll be ordering in mid-March to take delivery in May. I'm excited this is all finally coming together!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I searched for Katzkin shops, and one in Middletown, CT - Attention to Detail, came up and that is who does the leather work according to the salesman. I'll contact them and see what their normal rates for the set up are.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would like to install everything I possibly can on my own. Obviously the air bags are factory, I hear the fog lights are a pain to put in, and to be honest with you, I'm not sure I would want to give myself the job of reupholstering seats; especially with heat. Everything else is going to be self installed...spoiler, sway bars, springs, short shift, nav, and whatever else I come across. So I really don't mind letting the dealer do something that I nor anyone I know have experience with - as long as I'm not getting majorly ripped off. Not to mention that it's sad how valuable my free time is to me now a days...so if it can be done before I even pick the car up, that would be worth an extra $100-$200. And I'm about an hour away from both the dealer and the shop.

I'm still going to look around at prices, but I'll probably take this from the dealer. I'll post if I find price differences. Thanks everyone for your responses!

·
Registered
781 Posts
I imagine may of you wont agree but Ive seen a tC with Black leather and I just dont think it looked right. Ive insisted on leather in every car ive had a choice in buying with the exception of the tC. To me the car isnt about leather and luxury... I think our interiors are perfectly designed (with the exception of guage lighting color choice). If you had perforated leather i imagine itd work a little better. To each his own tho.

Ps. Ive head heated leather seats in 2 cars. Its nice and all but its soooo not worth 1000 outta pocket (to me atleast)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's not so much for luxury, but it adds some squishiness to the seats, which will make my days of traveling 5-6 hours in the car well worth the $1500. I've spent some time sitting in the normal seats and in the leather seats, and I think I made the right decision.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Jan 29 2006, 03:40 PM
katzkin is pretty good. we charge 1395 one color or two. but, with heat? i don't even offer that. sounds like a good deal to me.
Yeah, I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I felt it was appropriate.

Mori... Where do you get it done at? Whats a good place here in the Sac area.

Idealy I'm really looking to get the look and feel similar to what was in the IS300 in the tC. I've played with the configurator thing on Katzkin's website, but its hard to really pick colors on a monitor, especially in leather.

This is the inspiration:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.