Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pictures or comments about the leather interior upgrade...and for those that have done it, did you go through the dealer or someone else?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
What leather interior upgrade?
I've never seen one mentioned on Scion's website or in anything at the dealership...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
its my understanding that some dealers have a relationship with 3rd party shops that can install these options (leather, clear bra, etc), and they're not listed on the web, or at the dealer. You can also have your car done in leather at a place at any point in time. It's just like upholstering that ol' couch sitting in the basement.

edit: it is pretty expensive though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...sorry I thought I had searched for another thread...yeah my dealer does it with a 3rd party person..thinking about doing it in a few months, I'm not really too impressed with the material of the seats, they look like they aren't gonna last too long...it will cost me about 1000

·
Registered
187 Posts
Personally, I think the regular interior is really nice. If you havent actually sat in one----I suggest you do that before you order leather.

And yes, all leather is done by a 3rd party. My guess is you get a mark-up on the price if you go through your dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been sitting in it every day since July 20th
....Didn't say it was ugly, just think that the material will get worn out quickly...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hey, i think leather is always better than fabric, but personally, i don't have another grand to burn on an upgrade that's not on top of my list of goodies. When i test drove the tC, I liked the seat fabric, so I'm gonna stick to it. If it gets worn out in a few years, I might replace it with leather then. A $1000 is a lot of loot!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I like leather too but I am going to wait until I screw up these seats... if that ever happens. Its more economical... and hopefully by then, there will be more vendors offering leather interiors for the tC.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Man, I LOVE the seats in my tC...I normally like leather better too, but I wouldn't want to mess with these.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
I am and always will be a fan of the cloth. However, I have seen some of the leather work we get done for customers and it looks great. I think the cloth in all the scions are rather nice. (easier to clean too)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
^ I really like the way the leather came out in the pics. It looks (and i'm sure feels) great. Wish i had an extra grand to get that upgrade.

·
Registered
187 Posts
True, the leather DOES look great.

Also, as much as I love the factory seats and cloth, I have heard people are already having problems with it peeling away by the drivers' side. (By the handle to pull up the seat)

Is anyone else having this problem.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
No problem with that so far. Any idea if that would be covered by the warranty?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Im not too sure. I would assume so..... as long as it was coming apart at the stitching. (which is what i have read) =)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have two cars with leather, I personally like the cloth fabric that the tC comes with standard. You know with leather the inside gets hot quickly and if you park outside in direct sunlight it will eventually crack or dry up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts