Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, Love the site, great opportunity to learn about the tC and hear others' opinions.

I was looking at a local dealer's website here in the Chicago suburbs and they offer leather as a custom option on the tC for $1,000. I'm assuming this is something only this particular dealer is offering through there custom shop. Haven't seen any pics of the leather yet, but with all the standard "luxury" type options, I think leather would be a classy addition to the tC. I'm thinking when I order my tC I may go to this dealer and get the leather option. What does everyone think?

If anyone is interested in looking at the dealer's website...the dealer is St. Charles Toyota in IL.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I love the look of leather but, personally, I'd never get it.

I hate getting into a hot car in the first place, but a hot car with hot seats that melt your skin and stick to ya'? Ouch...

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have leather in mine and it looks sooooo much richer and is so durable... like when you go 2 the beach or live in florida weather....

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
I have leather in my Supra. I wish I didn't especially on hot summer days. Nothing like black leather to scorch your butt in two seconds.

You can hear the sizzle...

·
Registered
453 Posts
i know a few ladies out in st. charles, IL...crazy....

anyway i love the seats in the tc, no need for leather in my opinion....

·
Registered
59 Posts
i think leather would be nice, but the tc was not meant to be a luxury car, yes.. it has many stock options, but it doesn't compare to any real luxury car, and the leather wouldn't come cheap, it would also kill the nice price tag, its supposed to be a "bang for your buck" car, practical, sporty, and new, i liked the car fine when i test drove it, no need for leather =P

toyota has their lexus line of cars for a reason ya know?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Hrm, maybe a mix of Leather & Cloth. But that would be hard to make it look natural/smooth.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my dealer was offering leather as a 2100 option...I was like...F that. If it was more reasonable (1000) I'd think it would be a really nice addition. Also would add to the resale value of the car in the future.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
They wanted $2,100 for leather??! It's $1,100 in the Atlanta area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
$1500 at my dealership in Seattle. If it came with heated leather seats, then maybe I would have gotten them. But $1500 for just leather is overkill for me.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Mar 27 2005, 07:31 PM
WHERE IS THE MODERATER LOL, how did this make it onto the audio/video forums?
the moderator has a couple days off, sorry. thanks eric.

·
Registered
453 Posts
um.....theres a beverage in ur new car....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts