Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
To ScionGTR: Yeah, you can lease the car, I am. You can lease almost any car. I leased a $16k Honda Civic for 3 years. Seemed weird, but I leased it. Besides, leasing is for ppl who don't want to keep a car for longer than 3 years. Works best for me, even if it's $18k I'm "financing".

To Davey06, you can get all the "facts" on the scion.com webpage when you do a "build a scion" all those numbers are what you'll get, as long as you know what your credit looks like. It's pure pricing.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
it is not really worth it. the payment difference is so little that there is not much point in doing it. there are no lease programs available at this time so, there are no really cool 199/mo. like you may see on various other cars. you can totally rock a lease, but, like i said, it is not worth it. just keep the car for a few years then sell or trade it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Jun 14 2005, 07:19 PM
it is not really worth it. the payment difference is so little that there is not much point in doing it. there are no lease programs available at this time so, there are no really cool 199/mo. like you may see on various other cars. you can totally rock a lease, but, like i said, it is not worth it. just keep the car for a few years then sell or trade it.
I'm confused, for the sake of the OP, what do you mean "there are no lease programs"? do you mean "specials" like what other companies have, or do you mean you CANNOT lease a tC?

If you mean the latter, no disrespect, but you CAN lease a vehicle, and the leasing option is a good choice for some ppl.

Also, I don't understand. The payment difference is "not so little". I have a lease. And I pay about $150 less than what my payments would be if I actually bought the car with a loan.

This is from the Scion website. For a 3 year lease, with excellent credit, financed through Toyota, you're looking at a $291/mo pmt. With a loan, the price jumps to $508. I can't see that being "little".

I just wanted to confirm what you're talking about. Because although leases aren't for everyone, for some ppl, it's a great choice....especially for ppl like me who can't afford to "buy" and don't want the car after a few years anyways.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Leasing is a great option if you have Tier 1 or Tier 2 credit (Super Prime and Prime). If you don't then they pad the back end with fees. They will also probably want you to give some sort of down payment. Also you better make sure you stay within your miles and you get every single service done at the right times. I have been leasing cars for a while and finally found a car that I like enough to actually purchase. I wouldn't suggest leasing a tx because of the residual demand. Like the Jeep CJ and TJ series, I think these cars will actually appreciate a little bit in the future.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by k9kreationz+Jun 14 2005, 10:53 PM-->QUOTE (k9kreationz @ Jun 14 2005, 10:53 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-moriarty
@Jun 14 2005, 07:19 PM
I'm confused, for the sake of the OP, what do you mean "there are no lease programs"? do you mean "specials" like what other companies have, or do you mean you CANNOT lease a tC?

If you mean the latter, no disrespect, but you CAN lease a vehicle, and the leasing option is a good choice for some ppl.

Also, I don't understand. The payment difference is "not so little". I have a lease. And I pay about $150 less than what my payments would be if I actually bought the car with a loan.

This is from the Scion website. For a 3 year lease, with excellent credit, financed through Toyota, you're looking at a $291/mo pmt. With a loan, the price jumps to $508. I can't see that being "little".

I just wanted to confirm what you're talking about. Because although leases aren't for everyone, for some ppl, it's a great choice....especially for ppl like me who can't afford to "buy" and don't want the car after a few years anyways.
[/b]
okay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.