Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not real sure why the pics dont work for a lot of people buy anyways try this. It is a slide show so just scrolll through and read the titles and footnotes good luck.CLICK HERE

Had a lot of people asking me to give pics for the vents in the air vents...so here it is..i tried my best hope this helps. If you break anything don't hold me responsible (do this at your own risk) very easy to do buy still dont want any complaints coming back to me. HERE YOU GO AND GOOD LUCK!!!

Here is the LED's I used...from best buy...they had them in the store when i went...but incase you cant find them at the store here they are.CLICK HERE BUY THEM

Pull up on the back of the cupholders...put ur fingers between the console and the cupholders and pull up where you see my hands in the picture...but dont take the cupholders completely off yet...just pop up that piece around the shift knob.

Then pull up on the part around the shift knob right where you see my hands.

Then pull out where you see me pulling on.

Take off your shift knob by unscrewing it... or just put your car in neutral to pull of
the piece.

Unplug the cigarette lighter just by pulling it off.

Set the piece somewhere safe so you don't mess anything up. Then this is what you see...(probably not as many wires because i have alot hooked up in there.)...

Pull up the hand brake and pull off the cupholders.

Then you will see this white piece...which is where I spliced into the wires...the white is the positive (red on the led) and the black is the ground (black on the led)

Then pull off the center console where you see my hands pulling.(the one covering the stereo.) seen here...(make sure the stereo door is closed.)

Pull it out from here...

Unplug the group of wires on the back of it...just by pushing on the tab and pulling...

Wire the LED's behind the stereo and up into the air vents...just tape them down with electrical tape or anything like that...

For the Drivers side pull of the panel under the vent...

Run the wires from where you spliced into the 12v power, through the hole you see my hand in...

Run the wires behind the panel and stick the LED in the hole that you see the Red and black wire going into...(you don't have to tape these down just leave them in there the flap underneath the vent will hold it in there.)

Now for the passenger side a little more difficult but still easy...pull up on the dash where you see my hand pulling up...

Run your hands across between the dash and the glove box and keep popping the dash up...

Stick your hand between the dash and the glovebox and put your fingers in the vent first so you know where the hole is...then push the LED into position, once you put the LED in the hole it will stay in place. The hole in the passenger side is just like the drivers side so just work your fingers under the flap and push the led in. I also just ran the wires in the same place as the drivers side except out the other side.

Then just pop everything back into position...be very careful popping the dash back in make sure all tabs line up properly...everthing else pretty much just snaps in.

Good luck and be careful..lol and if someone does it from my post tell me and send in your pics.

And of course here is the finished product...(and i have 12" neon bars in the footwells and another LED in that cubby hole...and in my cupholders front and back but you get the idea)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
get an account at photobucket.com they have constant image serving it would be better so we all could see the pictures

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i have an account there too...i wasnt sure if it was just me or if it was the place i was using...i will have to change all of them to there...thanks. i guess the slide show works though right???

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
right click on the words... red x... whatever... then click on view image...and then the image should show up... then click back.. and it'll show up in his post

·
Registered
453 Posts
dude, paintball great job man...i swear a blind man could do that, given your instructions, very helpful, thanks bro

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
one question.... the LEDs only turn on when the car is turned on?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if the car was on and you hooked the LED straight to the 12volt source the come on...they wont stay on if the key is not turned. Mine however is hooked up to a switch...with the switch i used u have 3 prongs that u run power and ground to...then the accessory goes to the middle and the ground on the accessory goes to the ground on the switch...however if u just want them to turn on with the key turned just hook straight into the 12v source...cost me 5 dollars at radio shack for the switch, here is my switch....

·
Registered
71 Posts
as you can see in his picture paintball has nothing better to do at 2am than sit in his driveway and take pictures of inside his car.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol actually noob i unplugged my middle console causing the time to reset so the actual time was like 5 in my garage.

·
Registered
249 Posts
^^ LOL Nasty? I guess that's the word of the day?

Nice job on the Vents. I always wanted to have CUP HOLDERS LEDs. So let's see if I am able to do something myself for once. I'm thinking of t-tapping my shifter light on my automatic. I dont know whether thats a good idea but I want it to turn on when my parking or headlights are on.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Wow... the result looks great... I would clean up your wiring though... it looks like #### if that's how you left it.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.