Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my tC for almost 2 months and i like to practice launching.I find that the best results are between 3000-3500 rpm.Anybody else launch at different rpms?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
2500-3200

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't forget to break your cars in first past that recommended 3,000 mile mark. Those first miles are crucial to the overall lifespan and reliability of your ride.

Danny

·
Registered
94 Posts
True, it is recommended for daily driving before you start taking it above 65mph.
He's talking about drag racing this thing and anyone can tell you that an engine should be throughly broke in before chirpin gears. You should break it in up to your first oil change. That's from experience, not an owners manual!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
That's irrelevant sloth, you should still take it up to 3000 there buddy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would definitely still do the 1000 mile oil change. I would definitely not argue that! I changed my chevelle's oil at the first 500 miles after I built the motor for it.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
It takes an hour to fully break-in an engine. It has nothing to do with mileage, it has everything to do with thermal load. The manufacturers devised something to give themselves an out when idiots claim there's a warranty problem with the engine. All this "drive slow for so many miles" is only to satisfy the lawyers, there's no technical reason for it at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.