Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this email back from Ken about 1 minute ago...

"Hey Ken,...noticed you added the supercharger back on your
website...what's the latest now???"

"Boy, you guys don't miss anything. TRD has CARB approval and is waiting for the certification number to arrive. There are 2500 units built and ready to ship pending the release of that number. It could be days and it could be weeks +. The TRD CAI for the tC is going to be another 4 to 6 weeks. I tried real hard today to get the real pricing and no one is talking. I think it's really soon this time.

Ken"

·
Registered
331 Posts
yay! new rumors are $3000 for parts + install, and a 55hp gain. i'm waiting til we get an official announcement though.

·
Registered
331 Posts
saw the supercharger at scion night at marine world last nite. its the first production model. the guy watching the car said it made 203hp and that the CAI coming out from TRD will add about 7 to make a total of 210hp. he said their goal was +40hp. he said it should be available at dealerships in a month or two. thats the first time ive actually believed anything about the SC.

·
Registered
331 Posts
he told me "our goal was 40hp. and we got 203." the way he was talking he gave me the impression that they just barely got 40hp. 203 whp would be nice though. we'll see. i'm not sure if only a 40hp gain is worth $3000.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Real 203hp with warranty is better than imaginary i/h/e hp that make the car loud, stinky, and not much faster (if not slower).

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
The sc in my opinion isnt worth $3,000 bucks for only 203 WHP. when you can go out and get the ZPI stage 0 for $2,800 Bucks and get 248.7 whp. So can some one tell me why there is such a hype about the SC it doesnt sound worth it at all it sounds like a piece of crap to me. I have also herd some storys about TRD useing other companys stuff and just rebagging it and calling it there own and jacking up the prices. I am not saying they are stealing the product they have a diff company make it for them and bage it as a TRD part. This is what i was told from TSGT who works in my squadron. TRD made a SC for his truck and it was a piece of crap. It kept breaking the studs that was there to hold it in place. Also TRD stoped seeling it but the original company that made the SC is still selling it and he could buy it for about 1 grand less then what TRD was selling it for. He also said the power gain that you got waschincey to and it wasnt worth the money TRD wanted for it. I say if you are scared about the waranty wait till it is up then go Turbo and get some real power out of the car. But like i say thats just me to each his own and i would like to hear what other people have to say about the SC when they finally startgeting it installed in there car.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Let's say your nice cheap $2800 ZPI kit has a hiccup and your engine is caput. Or even 3 years down the road the turbo overheats and locks up. Who knows what might happen, but in any case your $2800 kit just became a $6000+ kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Sep 18 2005, 12:27 PM
The sc in my opinion isnt worth $3,000 bucks for only 203 WHP. when you can go out and get the ZPI stage 0 for $2,800 Bucks and get 248.7 whp. So can some one tell me why there is such a hype about the SC it doesnt sound worth it at all it sounds like a piece of crap to me. I have also herd some storys about TRD useing other companys stuff and just rebagging it and calling it there own and jacking up the prices. I am not saying they are stealing the product they have a diff company make it for them and bage it as a TRD part. This is what i was told from TSGT who works in my squadron. TRD made a SC for his truck and it was a piece of crap. It kept breaking the studs that was there to hold it in place. Also TRD stoped seeling it but the original company that made the SC is still selling it and he could buy it for about 1 grand less then what TRD was selling it for. He also said the power gain that you got waschincey to and it wasnt worth the money TRD wanted for it. I say if you are scared about the waranty wait till it is up then go Turbo and get some real power out of the car. But like i say thats just me to each his own and i would like to hear what other people have to say about the SC when they finally startgeting it installed in there car.
if it gave you 203WHP then it would be sooo worth it.. that 203HP is more likely crank HP. 203WHP would be like 230-240HP and that is like a 100HP addon wich there is no way your gonna get that much outta that SC
the old 3.4 toyota S/C only gave like 70HP at the crank

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Sep 18 2005, 12:31 PM
Let's say your nice cheap $2800 ZPI kit has a hiccup and your engine is caput. Or even 3 years down the road the turbo overheats and locks up. Who knows what might happen, but in any case your $2800 kit just became a $6000+ kit.
Same thing can happen after your precious TRD SC's waranty is up then your 3000 dollar sc just became a 6000 dollar problem so whats your point.

but what i was trying to say why spend all that money for something that really isnt going to do much for you. I say get turbo and get the real power you want.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by 05Xrunner+Sep 18 2005, 12:55 PM-->QUOTE (05Xrunner @ Sep 18 2005, 12:55 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-bluesciontc
@Sep 18 2005, 12:27 PM
The sc in my opinion isnt worth $3,000 bucks for only 203 WHP. when you can go out and get the ZPI stage 0 for $2,800 Bucks and get 248.7 whp. So can some one tell me why there is such a hype about the SC it doesnt sound worth it at all it sounds like a piece of crap to me.  I have also herd some storys about TRD useing other companys stuff and just rebagging it and calling it there own and jacking up the prices. I am not saying they are stealing the product they have a diff company make it for them and bage it as a TRD part. This is what i was told from TSGT who works in my squadron. TRD made a SC for his truck and it was a piece of crap. It kept breaking the studs that was there to hold it in place. Also TRD stoped seeling it but the original company that made the SC is still selling it and he could buy it for about 1 grand less then what TRD was selling it for. He also said the power gain that you got waschincey to and it wasnt worth the money TRD wanted for it. I say if you are scared about the waranty wait till it is up then go Turbo and get some real power out of the car. But like i say thats just me to each his own and i would like to hear what other people have to say about the SC when they finally startgeting it installed in there car.
if it gave you 203WHP then it would be sooo worth it.. that 203HP is more likely crank HP. 203WHP would be like 230-240HP and that is like a 100HP addon wich there is no way your gonna get that much outta that SC
the old 3.4 toyota S/C only gave like 70HP at the crank [/b]
if you read the rest of the posts you can tell where i got the 203 WHP and that isnt a 100 Hp addon

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc+Sep 18 2005, 03:56 PM-->QUOTE (bluesciontc @ Sep 18 2005, 03:56 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-zoltiz
@Sep 18 2005, 12:31 PM
Same thing can happen after your precious TRD SC's waranty is up then your 3000 dollar sc just became a 6000 dollar problem so whats your point. [/b]
Yup, but I'm safe for 5-7 years. Are you?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc+Sep 18 2005, 12:58 PM-->QUOTE (bluesciontc @ Sep 18 2005, 12:58 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 12:55 PM
The sc in my opinion isnt worth $3,000 bucks for only 203 WHP. when you can go out and get the ZPI stage 0 for $2,800 Bucks and get 248.7 whp. So can some one tell me why there is such a hype about the SC it doesnt sound worth it at all it sounds like a piece of crap to me.  I have also herd some storys about TRD useing other companys stuff and just rebagging it and calling it there own and jacking up the prices. I am not saying they are stealing the product they have a diff company make it for them and bage it as a TRD part. This is what i was told from TSGT who works in my squadron. TRD made a SC for his truck and it was a piece of crap. It kept breaking the studs that was there to hold it in place. Also TRD stoped seeling it but the original company that made the SC is still selling it and he could buy it for about 1 grand less then what TRD was selling it for. He also said the power gain that you got waschincey to and it wasnt worth the money TRD wanted for it. I say if you are scared about the waranty wait till it is up then go Turbo and get some real power out of the car. But like i say thats just me to each his own and i would like to hear what other people have to say about the SC when they finally startgeting it installed in there car.

if you read the rest of the posts you can tell where i got the 203 WHP and that isnt a 100 Hp addon [/b]
yes it is..your 160Hp stock is not at the wheels thats crank HP.
that 203Hp that the SC is supposed to give is crank HP.
for that SC to give 203WHP that means your motor is pushing around 230-240HP at the crank...there is no way your gonna squeeze that much out of the TRD SC. unless you boost the hell out of it and cause big problems

that TRD SC will kick out max 50HP from the factory on it. Wich will not give you 203WHP

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
If you havent noticed i dont really care about the waranty from TRD if it isnt going to give me the power i want it isnt worth it end of story. 3 grand is alot of money well at least for me (i am 19 and in the airforce) and if i am going to spend it on something it is going to be spent on something that is going to make the car as fast as i want it thats it like i said thats just me.

No reason to get mad i am not. Just puting my opinion out there for every body to see.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by 05Xrunner+Sep 18 2005, 01:02 PM-->QUOTE (05Xrunner @ Sep 18 2005, 01:02 PM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 18 2005, 12:55 PM

if you read the rest of the posts you can tell where i got the 203 WHP and that isnt a 100 Hp addon
yes it is..your 160Hp stock is not at the wheels thats crank HP.
that 203Hp that the SC is supposed to give is crank HP.
for that SC to give 203WHP that means your motor is pushing around 230-240HP at the crank...there is no way your gonna squeeze that much out of the TRD SC. unless you boost the hell out of it and cause big problems

that TRD SC will kick out max 50HP from the factory on it. Wich will not give you 203WHP [/b]
i guess i misunderstood what you were saying. But it still isnt a 100 HP gain. the car isnt going to be pushing out 260 Hp and only have 203 to te wheels if you think that you are wrong really wrong.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Somebody thats gets the supercharger needs to dyno it when they get it, to settle this, when you get a turbo or supercharger... is their a break-in period or can u just run it as if was their the whole time?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.