Scion tC Forums banner

larger wheels in back

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  akpilot1 
#1 ·
Has anyone put wider tires in the back than the front yet?

#5 ·
#6 ·
Dang, as much as I understand the look thing, does look great, it is something I would never do myself. It may impress most but those really in the know of true performance will wonder what is wrong with you for doing this;)

If you really want it right, put them in the front, lol!

In the back, purely show, nothing to do with real go, pure show cars can do what they wish and I suppose they should to get attention as that is why they are built.

Now my real feelings: If I ever convert to FWD I may contemplate wider rear wheels but still doubt I could justify doin this, if I went RWD then sure, would do it in a heartbeat.

Rick

#9 ·
Some of us value function over form. Very often things that "look good" are NOT fast at all. Case in point: 18 and 19 inch wheels are a LOT heavier than 17 inch wheels, but everybody who worries about looks puts on 18 and 19 inch wheels to look good. I drive by these same people around corners in my car because I value form less than I value function.

In my world I couldn't care less what it looks like if it performs.

#11 ·
I've always thought MkIV Supras were kinda ugly. I liked the MkIII much better.

#13 ·
Yeah, but it's fun to embarrass guys who think they know how to drive with my tC. I love my tires and wheels because they deliver what the car's looks promise.

#16 ·
Originally posted by akpilot1@Apr 9 2005, 08:33 PM
Lance, my 69 mach 1 is where form and function meet. The tc is just not ever going to be in the league. however if you want to go for pink slips let me know where.
Sure, if you don't mind racing a TT Supra for top speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.