Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys........i dont know about you but i live in NY and Teach snowboarding.......... Last year i bought a roof rack to carry my board around........thinking i could put it on my next car as well.......(400$)....and i just thought about it. I checked out a tc at my dealer.( mines still not in- waiting 3 weeks) and i really dont think it will fit.....A) Glass roof.....might scratch it.............B) If i COULD get it on..... wouldnt beable to open the Moon Roof................- you might say who does that during the winter...but i definatly will be showing it off on a nice sunny day...........C) there arent really any Rain gutters, which the roof rack grips on to to tighten .......Anyone heard about any possible roof rack for the TC?.................im sure alot of TC drivers bike/ ski / board........ and it really is nice to keep that snow/moisture out of the interior.......... - Well.......... hope i can figure it out................... THANKS!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Shep@Jul 25 2004, 07:05 PM
Hey guys........i dont know about you but i live in NY and Teach snowboarding.......... Last year i bought a roof rack to carry my board around........thinking i could put it on my next car as well.......(400$)....and i just thought about it. I checked out a tc at my dealer.( mines still not in- waiting 3 weeks) and i really dont think it will fit.....A) Glass roof.....might scratch it.............B) If i COULD get it on..... wouldnt beable to open the Moon Roof................- you might say who does that during the winter...but i definatly will be showing it off on a nice sunny day...........C) there arent really any Rain gutters, which the roof rack grips on to to tighten .......Anyone heard about any possible roof rack for the TC?.................im sure alot of TC drivers bike/ ski / board........ and it really is nice to keep that snow/moisture out of the interior.......... - Well.......... hope i can figure it out................... THANKS!
all I can say is.....that would be a MASSIVE oversight on Scion's part if they did not at least develop a snoboard-roof rack for a car targeted solely at people who love extreme sports (the gen-x/y people). Have no fear im sure its in the works;)

·
Registered
999 Posts
If your going with you and a buddy, just lower the rear seats and see if you could fit in the back. If your taking along two buddies, then I guess you better pray.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i remember i read somewhere that scion will not make the roof rack available for the tC for some odd reason.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
it wouldn't surprise me if something aftermarket (thule, yakima) came along and helped us out (colorado here, so i hear ya). i was looking at the roof of the tc with this very thought in mind, and if looks like it would be possible to for a specific roof rack post to be developed that would clamp in the crack betwee the glass roof and the edge of the roof (if memory serves). here's to hoping...

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be Great if they teamed up with a well known company like Thule of Yakima...... I for one would buy a rack...and with the car being aimed at youth....... im sure MANY more would..

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of the dealers here in Phoenix has "Roof Rack-Removable" listed on their accessories page but it is not specific on what model car it is for. Also, the price is TBD, which probably means it is in development. Hopefully for you folks, it is for the tC and is out by winter.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's what I got after visiting www.thule.com:

Thank you for submitting your e-mail address to Thule's Online Fit Update Service. We are currently working on a solution for your vehicle. At this time we do not have definitive date for fitting this vehicle. When the fit becomes available, you will receive an e-mail message with the Thule part numbers you will need to complete your new vehicle fit.

Hey, at least they have the tC listed! Will check Yakima now...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Originally posted by dnorrell@Jul 27 2004, 06:00 AM
Good news

Go to www.yakima.com/choose_my_rack and you will find a roof rack system for the tC after entering the pertinent information.

Hope this helps...
hey, awesome. Thanks dude!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts