Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Black Sand Pearl tc and I want to carefully remove the "Coutesy" decal the crappy dealership applied....what is the best practice for safe removal? Heating? Using a fingernail? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have a black sand pearl also, i just took the heat gun and brushed it off with my hands. i had two dealer stickers overlapping two, one gray and one black, to get some depth i guess..but i have done this several hundreds of times cuz i used to work for a auto dealer...just be very carefull and dont use any rags or anything to wipe it down cuz that will scratch the hell out of the paint. Good luck man!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'm so glad they don't do that crap here in CA. I've never seen a dealer sticker from a CA dealer. Everybody has license plate frames, but never a sticker on the paint.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 22 2005, 04:33 PM
I'm so glad they don't do that crap here in CA.  I've never seen a dealer sticker from a CA dealer.  Everybody has license plate frames, but never a sticker on the paint.
yea some people are just retarted....i had the dealer take off the dealer tags when i got the car... they seemed a little dissapointed but i dont care its my damn car fuckas!!!

btw : Location: Imagining new h8tr stuff to post

lol

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'd be asking for payment for advertising and I'd also want an annual "maintenance" fee for keeping it. At least I haven't seen the metal ones they had when I was a kid in years. The drilled holes to install those things!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 22 2005, 08:19 PM
I'd be asking for payment for advertising
right ... you guys can sponser me if u want!!

they put two dealer stickers ..one over the other on my black sand ..i was pissed!!!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yeah I totally removed everything from mine, even the TC emblem so no dealer or model information on mine, just Scion.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I've got a frame, but that's it. When my wife got her Camry from carmax, she specifically requested they remove the sticker, and they did it without argument. I was shocked!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I told my dealer ahead of time to make sure there were no dealer tags on the car when I was to take delivery of it. "No problem, No problem" is what i was told. Guess what... dealer tags were on it. So I tell the sales kid, and he comes over to my tc and RIPS it off full force. My mouth dropped to the pavement, and all i could think about was the clearcoat being ripped off as well. Everything is ok, but still...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I always always always told myself that if I ever bought a new car I'd ask not to be a driving advertisement for them, and then I finally buy a new car, and I forget.

I plan on removing mine this weekend.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I left mine on my focus, mainly b/c i couldn't have cared less about that car. The scion however... i was there 5 minutes after they rolled it off the truck, I made sure they didnt drill front license plate holes OR put stickers on.

If you do have em, heat them up and peel them off slow, use Goo-gone or something to get the residue off. DONT use a cotton towel, you'll make all these little tiny scratches in the clear coat.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also told the no dealer tags. They hadn't been deliverd the car yet so he just put it on the order form. My thoughts were the same, if I am going to advertise for you I want to get paid for it.

Man, I would have been pissed if they had drilled the holes for the front plate. I would have made them replace the bumper or wait the six weeks for a new car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.