'02 Honda Civic Si - by like 4 cars
'04 Mercedes S500 (v8) - by a fender
'00 Chrysler Sebring non convertible - by like 5 cars
'04 Mazda 6 (i4, v6)? - freeway; couldn't pass me up

killed by: '02 Celica GT-S - at the end, my front bumper was at his door

·
Registered
539 Posts
no way u kill an 02 prelude sh...no such thing, only 97-01 yrs are the preludes made...But Im sure you meant them...Im sure u can only kill the autos or else kill inexperienced drivers at launch...GOOD UPS

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
probably an '01. whatever year they are, they're the friggin' ugliest prelude in my opinion. totally unappealing with the rectangular tails and squared heads. either way, it wasn't an auto but i can't speak for the driver. they're not as quick as you might think, at 200 horses, those things are rated at mid to high 15s.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
I can vowage for that because i have beaten 3 Preludes all different years but yes they are fast and i have lost to a couple of them but i have beaten three so it depends if they have V-tec H22 motor will kill a tC i know for a fact (bad experiance dont want to talk about it
) but other words awesome kills dude keep it up show those guys that just because it is a scion doesnt mean it is a lunch box on wheels.

·
Registered
539 Posts
hey sorry to say but you guys can flame preludes all you want...and about the 97-01 preludes being ugly (are you outta your mind)???...I think (in my opinion) theyre nice cars overall except back seat space...Add a bodykit and wing and rims to a prelude 97-01 then slam the car...theyre sexy cars and also add the eyelids, yes the front lights are ugly......Also yes a tC (even thought I own one) can beat a prelude off the launch stock vs stock, the prelude will come back at the top of 2nd to beginning of 3rd a rip a tC apart (thx to their Vtec)...you guys just havent raced experience drivers...Ive gotten torn apart on the HW a few times by preludes and also Ive raced a few off launch, yes I did beat them tiil the end of 2nd gear then they start to pull pretty bad away from me...I drive a manual also and Im all stock...Also I know how to drive my car so its not because I suck which is why I lose to preludes...

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
there is a jdm h22 from the type-s prelude with 220hp,doubt thats what it was...those cars perform better at the track than advertised in my experience.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no speial mods on this one, just stock with an exhaust. yeah with some smart mods, i'm sure it would've beat me, but not in this case. oh yeah, he did have another mod that probably added about 10-15 ponies, altezza style tails!
lol

·
Registered
426 Posts
im gonna have to call BS on the S500..the owner prolee didnt even know u were racing him, or he didnt floor the gas pedal..these cars have a 5.0 L V8 engine, have just a little over 300 HP and run 1/4 miles in the low to mid 14's..no way you would have stayed ahead of him even by a fender..nice try though

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say, S500s are pretty quick compared to the tC. My friend has a Prelude 5 spd and he starts pulling on my friend's '99 3.2TL with I/H/E around 2nd/3rd gear and he's stock with 2 10"s and a sub box in the back. I was there to witness, I was in the TL and there was a passenger in the Prelude to be fair, it was a rolling start though (around 40mph) to 80mph. I believe its the DOHC VTEC versus the SOHC VTEC. I'm not saying you can't beat a Prelude, its a drivers race but those things are pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I just want to point out that VTEC is not magical fairy dust that causes Hondas to beat everything else. It's variable valve timing. That's it. It's Honda's own proprietary version, but that's all it is. It's not like other cars don't have variable valve timing. Toyota has been building its engines with that since the late 90s. Now, even the crappier car companies use it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by dwnrytepnoi@Aug 1 2005, 10:34 PM
im gonna have to call BS on the S500..the owner prolee didnt even know u were racing him, or he didnt floor the gas pedal..these cars have a 5.0 L V8 engine, have just a little over 300 HP and run 1/4 miles in the low to mid 14's..no way you would have stayed ahead of him even by a fender..nice try though
maybe, maybe not. i do know this, there was two young males of african-american descent that, when we got to the stop light, gave me the "look at me, i'm in a mercedes" look and even revved their engine and giggled like little school girls. i revved back. all i know after that is the light came green, and i took off and seemed like they took off because there was a bit of wheel spin (automatic take off) and the rest is history. i admit, toward the end he was pulling pretty good, but not enough to pass.

·
Registered
426 Posts
first off, does nationality really matter in this explanation? and second, either way the tC doesnt produce enough power to keep up with an S500, they arent the quickest cars around, but DO produce enuff power to easily take the tC..maybe they were toying with you, becuz i guarantee if they were to floor it, you would have been seeing there tail lights..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.