Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this HU off of a teammate, but when I doublechecked Crutchfield's site, it says it won't fit!

HU: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LylIs8Mh3eA/c...17&i=113DDX8017

I'm looking at it in the box - It looks like a standard Double-Din HU.

Crutchfield's page says it won't fit cars with a 3" Double-Din opening.... but aren't the radio door sections of the tC larger than that?

Can anyone help me shed some more light on this? Or am I just gonna have to try to see if it fits?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Kenwood Excelon DDX8017 HU installed in my tC. It fines fine, the only thing is there are gaps to the right and left of the HU, so you have to fill it in.

M728

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thanks! How did you mount it? Just screw the 2 brackets to the sides of the HU?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I plugged in the tC at Crutchfield's webiste and I didn't see any double-din units listed anywhere. I assumed the tC's dash opening was double-din... so, I dunno what's up with that.

I told myself I wasn't going to change out the stock stereo until I really just couldn't stand it anymore. Now I've seen this thing and I want it or something like it.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Just wait for that new Alpine double-din to come out - the IVA-W200.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah... It fits!

Bad pic.. will get better ones later.

I can see why Crutchfield says "no-fit" though.... the way the HU opens, there's almost NO gap between the screen when it folds out and the bottom of the radio door area.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Looks nice.. I'm jealous.
Any issues with putting in CD's or anything like that? It's sometimes tricky to get them into the stock head unit just because of the angle... I'm used to sticking them straight in.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No problems. It's angled but I've got good aim

One little thing with the HU is that it seems to kinda struggle when you want to eject the cd/dvd.... but only with thinner, cheaper, cd's.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here we go...

Open:

Playing CD's:

Playing DVD's:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Great pictures, and looks like a great unit. I definitely want something like that eventually. I've got more important things to do first, though: wheels & tires, springs/coilovers, exhaust, and tint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks Good. I've had mine for a while. It's a gr8 unit. Ur gonna like it a lot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.