Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I couldnt believe my eyes! I was just curious to see what the private party and retail value is on the 2005 tc's now that 06's are rolling out.

At 10,000 miles retail value is $19,365
Same at Private party resale at $17,290.
Check out www.kbb.com if you want to see for yourself

I couldnt believe it! Our 05's are worth MORE than what we paid for it at sticker price of $16,500 stock. Its rare for cars to appreciate value, from what I've heard are only hybrids (elec/gas) appreciate in value.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
like the prius, the exclusivity of the tC generated a high used retail price. but, dont expect to see that at a dealer for a trade in value if you tried to get rid of it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey, the only reason that the value is so high is because there is a very high demand for these cars by the consumer and the supply is just not there yet so people who do not have a tc will want one so bad and will pay extra to get it. If Demand is high and supply is limited, then value and the WANT for it goes Up at a high rate. Eventually over the next 2-3 years, it will go down gradually but not a lot. Toyota has great resale value and will always have it. My Friend father traded in his 05 TC with only about 6,000 miles on it and got about $1,000 more back then he paid. He paid 17,500 and got around 18,500 for it. He traded it in because of his new job. He need a truck to lug around heavy objects and obviously the TC wont do that. He got an 05 Toyota Tundra. He couldnt believe he got more back then what he paid for it. But the sales guy told him why. He didnt trade it in because he hated the car, it just didnt fit the job. He loved his TC and its style and great gas mileage. I make fun of him because i have my Silver 06 TC and flaunt it infront of him. Keep modding. PZ out

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
demand and supply are part of it, but pricing is the third variable. many domestics face declining residual values due to dealer and factory discounts which drive down the price of a new vehicle, thus destroying the value of the used car of the same make, model and year. for example, a guy purchases a mustang in 2000 when the newer models came out. he pays msrp, 20k. a year later the car is saturating dealer lots and production costs are down. they begin to mark down the vehicles and sell them at around 16k. used value goes from around 16k down to 12k. guy is mad, and domestics reputations and residuals are tarnished. not to mention he's upside down in trade.

scion prices their vehicles at a steady price, with no deductions or special pricing, thus values hold firm and with some small influence from supply and demand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.