Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past couple of days, there has been a lot of rain, and everytime i drive in the rain, the windows fog up like crazy. It is mainly on the lower half of the windshield and it always ends at the same spot. I have basically tried everything there is to get it to go away, but it doesn't work. If it is not raining, i really don't have a problem. Anybody else notice this, or is there something I can put on the glass to help prevent this??

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 2 cents worth...
Make sure you are on outside, not inside vent. Turn up the temperature to a neutral setting...not hot, not cold. We've had the rain here and that works best for me.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Make sure you have the air conditioning set to recirculate -- that's the biggest thing you caqn do to help prevent fogging. To actually eliminate fogging, turn the A/C on and set it to defrost. If it doesn't work right away, slowly adjust the temperature upward, starting from the coldest setting.

Also, RainX has a product called Anti-Fog, which might work. I used it many years ago and it worked pretty well..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i've tried that stuff....might pick up that rainX stuff and see how it works. thanks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
it's a toyota thing. make sure that you have the air conditioner button pressed no matter what temperature you have the dial set to. you can even use the heat with the air conditioner button pressed and get heat just fine but the a/c button will keep the windows from getting fogged up. it has always worked for me.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's not so much a Toyota thing as it is an air pressure and humidity thing.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Aug 30 2004, 06:06 PM
you can even use the heat with the air conditioner button pressed and get heat just fine but the a/c button will keep the windows from getting fogged up. it has always worked for me.
wont that wast gas

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It will use more gas, yes, but I wouldn't really consider it a "waste" unless you consider being able to see through the windshield unimportant...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yeah, we've been having tons of rain here and when I'm driving home around 12 or 1 am the last thing I need is a hard time seeing.

I've been having to play with the controls a bunch, which definitely isn't good when it's dark, late, rainy, and I'm on the interstate.

Anyways, I'm thinking of trying to Anti-fog stuff too...but was sorta' waiting to see if anyone else tries it first. Hehe.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Aug 31 2004, 11:58 AM
It will use more gas, yes, but I wouldn't really consider it a "waste" unless you consider being able to see through the windshield unimportant...
Good Point...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm in Houston and it is HUMID all the time here. I have the fog issue as well. Noteri, have you tried the Rain-X yet to see if it helps any???

WHAAAT??? YEAAAH!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Blah..with all these stupid East Coast storms the fogging issue has only gotten worse, I hate to say...

Just trying to get an update to see if anyone has given the Anti-fog stuff a try...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
My windows kinda fogged briefly last night, but not badly enough for me to have to do anything...

I'm really not sure what's going on with your windows, those of you who have all these fogging issues -- it gets as humid here as anywhere, and I haven't had any problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts