Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. We're going to get this thing done. We've got enough locals to pop together a time and a place. Here's the people in the KC area that seem to be showing up more (or hopefully once in awhile)

Me. Post-***** elite.
SPattle
Kckid
Nineveh - hasn't been seen from very often.
Boone
Any others, speak up.

If we plan well enough maybe even Golden will want to join us. Wicheeta is a hefty hike though.

Probably looking at a Friday or Saturday night get-together. Early evening so we can get some pictures. Maybe drive around and scare people. Compare installs. The usual stuff we've been reading about and not having ourselves.

I'm looking tenative date of Saturday April 2nd.
Opinions, speak up.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sounds Good to me. Not that I care ( f'n KU) but theres games that day. As long as no one else cares Im in. I dont care where we go as long as its not The Other Place in Olathe. I used to work there but they all hate me there. I dont think that Im allowed back on the lot.
By the way Im not such a punk in real life as I am on my posts. I come from a long line of hot rods and have a Rodding back ground I just dont like it when people bag on other people stuff. Especially the young guys who are just coming up and arent a confident. Plus I was raised in the mid west so if we dont have something kind to say we dont say it at all. But thats for another post. Im good for the @nd but lets try and start at like four or five while its still light. I will try and get my friend Jason to come to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got another friend with a tc, but I dunno if he'd wanna come. But what the hell do you do at these thigns. I mean i am just wondering what exactly is the point???

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was thinging a get together to check out each others rides. See all the custom work. Gossip about other people behind their back. Just kidding. It should be informal. But the main idea is kind of like a car club. Meet the people in your area with like interests(tC) and help each other with everything from car problems to just someone to brag or tell stories to. Since this would be our first meeting we could just see if we like each other and check out each others rides. If the weather is nice we could all take a cruise. For those of us of age we could share some stories over a beer and for those who arent share a story over some water. I was thinking meet at Austins in Olathe check out the cars, see whats up, have some dinner, and then head out for a cruise maybe to Shawnee Mission Park or some where with some hairpin turns. Its another excuse to share some car stories.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thats cool. It s a bar and grill out in olathe by labfish. Everyone can get in until real late. Its just a laid back place to hang out. I will go anywhere. I was just laying some place out there as a suggestion. I dont want to leave anyone out. Everybody should have a good time without worring about getting in. If you know of someplace cool let me know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ok with me. Lets decide now Im getting tired of this site and I probably wont be posting much anymore (no more useful information, just useless babble between like 5 or 10 egotistical guy). The midwest people seem to be the only ones saying anything cool or useful.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How 'bout 54th street grill by the great mall o' crap? What time would work for you SPattle? We could do a lunch meet instead. My time limit would be up until about 2pm or so since I work nights and would have to get some hours of sleep

54th Street grill is like an Applebee's. Or if anyone wants to pick a place closer to Shawnee Mission Park we could go to Barley's Brewhaus off of 435.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by kckid@Mar 22 2005, 10:34 PM
Ok with me. Lets decide now Im getting tired of this site and I probably wont be posting much anymore (no more useful information, just useless babble between like 5 or 10 egotistical guy). The midwest people seem to be the only ones saying anything cool or useful.
The site will grow on ya
Maybe.

As for what to do, SPattle. Talk cars, ride around, get install help since some of us have put in our own stuff. Form our own little cult, etc etc. You know, the usual.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Mar 22 2005, 11:37 PM
Besides, we're two of those 5-10 people yapping
Exactly why I don't have to take crap.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by Plissken+Mar 22 2005, 10:38 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Mar 22 2005, 10:38 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Labfish
@Mar 22 2005, 11:37 PM
Besides, we're two of those 5-10 people yapping
Exactly why I don't have to take crap. [/b]
Maybe you just rub him the wrong way

And be nice in my thread

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by SPattle@Mar 22 2005, 02:22 PM
I got another friend with a tc, but I dunno if he'd wanna come. But what the hell do you do at these thigns. I mean i am just wondering what exactly is the point???
Anyways, back on topic. Let us know what time is good for you SP. We'll grab some lunch n' hit the park (hopefully the snow will be over ya?) And in general shock everyone with 4 or 5 tC's driving around. Maybe more if I can get the other people showing up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
AIght so i think the thing i gotta go to is at aroudn 6 or 7...so i can go up to then. Id have to leave then though. Any time before then is good for me starting around noon as i have practice in the morning. It seems that the man who works the nigth shift needs us to meet early. so Im suggest liek 1?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm flexible. I can do noon-1 and just stay up later, or I can sleep and get up at 3 to meet everyone at 4. If noon works for everyone, and we have a few under the age of 21, here's my vote -

Barley's Brewhaus on Midland Drive.
12:30pm 4/2
Food n' talk n' a drive around SMPark. Or other destinations if anyone thinks of something better.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.