Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has a kaminari body kit on their scion. I also wanted to know what you guys think of the kit...cuz i wanted to get one. Is it true that il b an easy target for cops?

......and by the way what happen to tctunerz.com

.....r they still around?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes, they are still robbing people blind.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
you mean this kit?

belongs to jlbracero.

and here is the what on the lame-ass guys you mentioned.

tctunerz sucks out loud.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Seems like most every other person has the Kaminari kit, though.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
kiminari body kit attracts cops in a couple ways...(if i miss any feel free to correct me)

1. it looks more aggressive and cops go for rice looking cars.

2. You will stand out more from other cars, body kits give off a kind of racer quality to them, my uncle is a cop and says he looks at cars with body kits more cause they stand out.

Another problem i've seen with that kit is this, it doesn't always fit very well. It is extremely difficult and not to mention expensive to make that kit look good.

But if it is put on so it fits, it sure will look good, and be much more unique then other TC's....since most don't have body kits i've seen at least.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
The issue I have with 99% of the kits out there are that they don't follow the lines of the car, and instead decide to clash with them.

Ask any cop, they'll always pay more attention to the car that stands out most.... i.e. if you are in a sea of SUV's and/or trucks (as it is in Auburn). Also the fact that if you are blaring your music with that "mad tyte" stereo you just put in, cops are definately going to be watching you.

Which is why certain shades on a car aren't good, they do bring unnecessary attention to the car.

*EDIT* The kaminari kit is not made or produced or any way affiliated w/ tctunerz... interestingly enough they are no more. Which is a _GOOD_ sign.

·
Registered
797 Posts
The only other category that body kits fit under would be "damn stupid" when the owner attaches them when they're either completely unpainted or just primered.[/b]
Yah, there are tons of Civics that run around with unpainted bodykits n tons of primer - so lame I swear. I do like body kits, but I wouldnt add one on until its painted - and if i couldnt get the paint right away, Id wait to put it on - as long as it takes.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ werd. take the time, do it right. 99% of the cars i see that are kitted look like they were done by a team of blind monkeys.
there is no way to get away with skimping on paint and body. pay a pro, suck up the cost.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Primered cars looks sweet... when it's bullet-proof, laser-deflecting primer. And the car has pop-out machine guns, a rocket launcher, and oil-slick-maker.

Oh... and OnStar.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.