Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah thats great to bad I have already read it and no one has it. I am looking for someone who has this kit and has installed it. I want to know if it is truly bolt on or if i will have to do aditional aditional work to get it to fit correctly. Im not a huge fan of doing body work.

So if all you have to say is it looks good or it looks like "poop" (as that thread seams to concentrate on) keep your comments to yourself.

Tom

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Are you asking because you have no experience with aftermarket kits, or you have no experience with Kaminari, or you just want to hear from someone else that it went on OK and you won't have to do a lot of work to make it fit like OEM?

IME, there are NO aftermarket body panels that fit like OEM. Some are close, but the Kaminari work I have seen requires significant effort to make it look show quality. If less than show quality is your goal, it will probably fit acceptably and you can move things around until you get a good compromise, but if you want the deluxe look, you have no choice but to do some work to make things fit. No I have not put a Kaminari kit on a tC, but I have both installed and seen the installed results of a number of manufacturers on Supras. None were perfect out of the box.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If I didn't already have the "ground effects" for my IIP, I would get the Kaminari kit. It's ridiculously cheap compared to what I'm used to (the TRD kit for the Supra is $12k before installation, installation is typically another $10k, even the knock-offs are $5k), and I think it's a decent looking kit for a great price. But I'd still be shocked if it bolted on and lined up without at least moving body panels around to get the gaps right and having to compromise at some point to make it look acceptable. My body shop told me the same thing when I asked them about installing a kit for my Dawg. Even Mercedes kits don't fit right from the factory according to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.