Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the K&N installed a week ago and the car didn't gain anything its actual a lot slower. From a dead stop if I punch the gas to take off it seems like it doesn't move then when it hits about 3500 RPM's it starts to pick up speed. When before it would take off from the line. Is this normal? I mean sometimes I'll hit the gas and feel like im not moving then all of a sudden it kicks into gear. Also the shift points (i have an automatic) are really different, one day it almost redlined so I let off the gas it shiffted I then hit the gas and went on as normal.

Now I don't know if they unplugged the battery or not could that be a problem maybe the computer didn't get reset or something.

Please let me know what you guys think. The sound is nice but damn I wanted the performance more than the sound.

Michael

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I think that's what intake on tC really does if you take away the imagined "performance" gain. A guy on SL did several before/after runs with G-Tech and it showed that he lost half a second or more on 0-60.

Intake is a sound mod on tC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.