Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on the CAI 2 days ago. I have the TRD exhaust. I was just wondering about the sound b/c mine only sounds different and louder in high rpm's. Regular driving sounds the same besides the famous whistle. Is this true for everyone who has this intake. Let me know.

FLaVaZ

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont really know if I like the intake, it does feel like the car got slower, and in high rpms it gets loud but then i hear a raspy sound coming from my dash, i dont know what it could be? I dont know if anyone could help me with this, but Im pretty upset and I dont know if getting the intake was even good at all =(. I dont know if it needs to break in inorder to sound better. Any feedback will help. Please someone holla back!

·
Registered
119 Posts
maybe u didnt put in in right? check all the hose clamps ..i never felt the car go slower than when it was stock

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont know, maybe Ill just drive it around a little longer, and see if this intake grows on me. If not, Ill put the OEM air filter back on. Its funny because I had a intake for my 93 accord, and it was awesome. This one, i expected a lot more. True, I guess there is no need for intake, it is truly a sound mod, and this sound sucks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked all parts of the intake. Everything seems to be tight and installed correctly. I still hear the raspy vibration coming from the dash in high rpms. Do anyone know what this sound could be. Common guys, a little help much needed.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I had the K&N intake installed on my tC for about 10 minutes. It was ridiculously, obnoxiously loud, and I found the same thing that you did about the car's power being sapped. We took the thing back off right then and there and I sold it.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I bought it from Marty. Ran it on its own and with DC header for about a week - in both cases it was very loud and the car felt slower. Packed it up and sold it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
with the K&N the car is slower at first but once it hits 3rd it will start to pull harder and you feel it. If you notice now your shift points have changed too. I know in my automatic it went from around 3500 - 4000 to 5,000 RPM's.

People can keep up with my car through the first few gears but once 3rd hits the car takes off. but just my expierance with it.

I think people had better results from the InJen

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
try resetting your ECU after installing it. It MAY help. It wont hurt either. Just have to reset your clock and other stuff too that are easy. windows/stations. My car feels slower with the GFI. I'm going to put stock back on and see if it has anything to do with it. I don't see how it could feel slower. I just used different material and still ahs the airbox. It might be me just getting used to my car tho. After I reset my ECU It felt a little faster but i can't remember if it was this fast as stock So I will still do the switch and feel it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.