Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a K & N Cold air intake on my tC... I know I can get the regular K and N filter, but I want the cold air cause is suppost to add 6 HP... Anyways, the last thing I want to do is void my warranty because there is a certain comfort feeling I get, knowing that if anything goes wrong until 36,000 miles, I dont have the worry about it... Anyways, will it void my warranty? Also, if I do end up going with the filter, I know TRD has a high performance filter... Is it the same as a K&N? Thanks

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
you shouldn't have any problem with the warranty for changing out the filter.

if you are concerned ask you dealer how they feel about you installing that air filter.

additionally, check out this thread for more information.

again, you shouldn't have a problem. if you are really worried. save your OEM filter.

· Premium Member
7,158 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Oct 30 2005, 08:51 PM
...additionally, check out this thread for more information.
all the same. the provided link AND you owner's warranty informational booklet will provide all the information you would need.

AND your dealership.... the people you will be bringing your car to if there is a problem. those guys are the final word on warranty. some shops a bit more liberal.

AND,
if you read the above provided link, you will find more links that might be helpful.

that,
and a search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.