Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking around the idea of picking up an intake for my '06 TC, however after reading a few threads, realizing I don't trust my mechnical skills to trust myself installing it, and convincing myself it probably won't make much of a difference anyways, i've decide to just upgrade my airfilter itself.

I couldn't really find any information on if it's actually worth picking up a K&N or TRD airfilter... I have a feeling most of the beneift comes from the fact that you can clean them and reuse them, as oppose to the stock filter.

Onto my question... Is to worth buying an upgraded filter? If so is there any difference between the K&N and TRD filters? Are there any performance gains?

Let me know what you guys think... thanks in advance!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got a scion $50 gift cert. so I went to the dealer to get something and decided to get the trd filter. Has not came in yet, I don't expect much from it but it was practically free. $14 and some change from my pocket. They wanted $60 at my local dealer.

I'll tell you more when I get it.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
My TRD filter is a little over 2 years old - I had it in the matrix and it fit the tC perfectly. The good thing I guess is that I never had to buy paper filters, so it kinda saves money. Other than that - there is no difference and TRD vs. K&N is only price difference, nothing else. I'm using K&N kit to clean the TRD and it's just fine. Gauze is gauze.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got my filter in no real performance gain, but I'm no dyno. reuseable is the key. It may just be me but the trottle response may be better. could be my wishfull thinking. For $15 with my gift card I think its worth it. $60 with out maybe not, but in the long run you would save $.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.