Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if someone is TRULY racing. How do you know they're not sandbagging. Or afraid to to run full speed towards a relatively unknown street. I know it's still an adrenaline rush but wouldn't it seem the only true test of racing would be at a track where one might actually go full out without fear of hitting a minivan loaded with school children and chihuahuas? It just seems the talk of I beat this or I beat that can be summed up in you really aren't sure. Maybe they saw something you didn't. Anyway, just wondering...

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Originally posted by JBranger@Jan 18 2006, 12:21 PM
wouldn't it seem the only true test of racing would be at a track where one might actually go full out without fear of hitting a minivan loaded with school children and chihuahuas?
yeah, its mostly the chihuahuas that keep me from going full tilt.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 18 2006, 01:08 PM
If you win, they were racing. If they win, then you weren't really trying.
good rule of thumb.

of course, you bring a good point to the table, jb. i am willing to bet that there have been times when i was too tired to play, or traffic was involved, and some jackass flew by me thinking about how he gets to tell his friends he smoked a tC. and i probably just shook my head in disbelief.
without question it happens. both ways.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I've never wasted the gas racing a Honda in my Supra. There's nothing to prove, and I'm certain there are a few Honda drivers claiming Supra kills in Sacramento. And I'll sandbag in a heartbeat...

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i will say i enjoy the downshift and punch it, drop off and let them go routine. i know it builds them up in their head. glad i could be there for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.