Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know that the Trd springs will be ok with the standered struts/shocks. But I still need clarification on a few issues.

I want to know if...

1. They will wear out those stock componants (struts or something)
2. They ever need replacing?
3. it is worth keeping your old stock springs (even if it is just for show)
4. they will provide any noticible performance boost with out replacing eveything else.
5. they will clear up the gap on the stock 17 inch rims.

I'm worried that not replacing every thing will wear out my stock suspension and require everything to be replaced down the line.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Regardless of wheel size, springs will close the gap the same. When your wheel size gets bigger your tire height gets smaller. Overall diameter is supposed to be as close to the same as possible.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
if...

1. They will wear out those stock componants (struts or something)

your stock struts (in front) and shocks (rear) may wear out a little faster than before, but they are not going to wear out in a month or anything. i have 16K on my tC, and almost all was with the TRD springs on the stock shocks/struts. just went to a set of 2" drop goldline's, now i am replacing my shocks and struts.

2. They ever need replacing?

your springs? ever is a long time. in the time you will probably own your tC, no.

3. it is worth keeping your old stock springs (even if it is just for show)

i always suggest keeping your stock parts if you have the means and space. just cause is a good enough reason. not everyone feels that way. consequently my garage is filled with stock tC springs and sway bars from all the jobs we have done for our members. in fact, when i put in my goldlines the other day, the top of the driver's side strut was damaged, and i had a spare in my garage from another member's tC. thanks for leaving your struts, bro!!

4. they will provide any noticible performance boost with out replacing eveything else.

yes. read the multiple threads on what mod to do first, etc... and most everyone has said lowering their tC has made the most significant difference in how the car corners. you guys with 245's leave well enough alone for this one, please. you will notice the difference.

5. they will clear up the gap on the stock 17 inch rims.

yes, they will. nicely. check the image gallery for pics of that exact thing.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
It rides a decent amount stiffer and with noticeably less body roll. It doesn't matter how off the alignment is you need to get an alignment after you lower your car no matter what.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i love it i have trd springs on my tc with stock struts..its only a 1.2 inch drop or something its nothing stock cant handle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.