Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Originally posted by serith@Sep 12 2005, 10:28 PM
They all look the same? Guess I'm confused... It happens easily enough.

Nice pics tho.
lol

you can see trails of light from passing cars

·
Registered
71 Posts
Love the last one... 1.21 jigawats!! Now you just gotta make it to <strike>55</strike> 88 miles per hour and your set!

Awesome pics..

soj

edit: DOH!!!!!!!!!! Thanks man. Its been too long.. * sniffle *

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was doing ten second exposures. The last one was a public transit bus going by. they have blue interior lights. wish the streetlight had been off. would have come out nicer.

Sojurn-
It was 88mph

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Wasn't there supposed to be a tC calendar last year? What ever happened to that?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tearcatcher-
Nothing really fancy, a Canon Powershot A60. (digital)

Halewafa-
Long exposure pictures leave the shutter open longer, allowing more light to make its way into the picture. anything that moves during the exposure will be a blur along the entire path of its movement, creating the effect you see in the pictures. it was actually quite dark when I took the photos, but it looks bright out because the "shutter" was open so long.
I don't know what the digital equivalent of a shutter is called.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by tearCatcher@Sep 13 2005, 10:10 PM
good to know photographers still exist
is it digi SLR?
He said Canon A60 right there.

A60 is definitely not an SLR; but, it is a very good value and shoots great pics anyway.

-Ed

PS I absolutely love my S50, but am about ready to retire it for the new S80.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks ThisChick.
I don't know what an SLR is. The camera is a 2 megapixel unit.
Also just so there's no confusion, I'm not a photographer, I just like playing around with the camera sometimes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
the word shutter refers to digital and traditional 35 mm cameras. those are excellent night shots. next time if your digi cam has a white balance setting you should set it to tungsten or flourescent. the light will come out whiter and not soo yellow.

by the way i am brian 24 art student at the academy of art in san francisco fir photography. i have a canon digital rebel xt (SLR digital camera) and a canon rebel ti (analog 35mm slr camera)

i will take about a million pictures at scion night at marine world on friday!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.