Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Back looks REAL dark. Lemme know if you have any problems seeing at night.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I think the legal limits here in VA are 50% on front sides and 35% everywhere else. I'm not sure 50% would even be noticeable. I'm thinking about going 35% all around, but I've got no experience with tint whatsoever. I guess I need to find a local shop and go down and see what's up.

Your tint looks great. I don't think I'd go as dark as 15% myself though, but it's hard to judge just from looking at pictures.

·
ex-06'er
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by Dmitry82@Jan 10 2006, 08:13 PM
I got 3 tickets for the same tint!!
And yesterday I took my front windows tint off!!
The one time I got pulled over in my old car in NY (35% front, 5% back - legal in MO) the cop was such a prick about my tinting that he took out the instrument to measure the tint level and then called all the way to MO to check the legality of it. And he felt the need to call for 3 cars worth of backup for the simple speeding (80 in 65) stop.

NY state troopers are not my favorite people.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Mine's almost as dark as your back two all the way around. 17%. 30% is the limit in Indiana. I get weird looks from cops every once in a while, but none of them really care enough to pull me over. heh.

·
Registered
243 Posts
For all those tickets comment...I'm happy to live in Florida...because so many people have illegal tint and with the summer-sun cops really never stop people for that. I�ve never known any of my friends or myself to be harassed by cops on something so small�and my car has really really dark tint.

p.s. my sig pics are old and with nothing as far as tint.

here is a recent pic

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by JP'sTc@Jan 12 2006, 06:19 PM
Looks nice, my .02, get rid of that weapon r intake.
What he said...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The front end mask looks better if it's over the WHOLE front... He's got the lip kit on, though.... the rest of the mask won't fit.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The cops never said anything to me about my tint.

·
Registered
109 Posts
best way to avoid being cought for your tint.... DONT GET PULLED OVER! other than that, there not going to stop you just for your tint! unless there a big dick, which most cops are... but still, better chances are NOT TO SPEED!

plus if you tinted your windows, your more of the "baller" type.. so do what paul wall said.. pump your brakes and drive slow!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Im in illinois too, the suburbs though.. the last car I had 30% on the front windows.. most times I just rolled both front windows down when I got pulled over.. Or in the summer when you see a cop, roll both front windows down.. hell, do it in the winter too, its your right to be freezing cold! haha, but its worth not getting a ticket!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Originally posted by 06TCDriv3r@Jan 15 2006, 04:18 PM
Just be careful around crowded areas where cops can just walk up to your vehicle thats how my friend got busted at the beach parking lot! He got a ticket for illegal tint and his music being to loud!
I was parked in front of the post office the other day, waiting for my girlfriend to come out. It was busier than I thought it was, so I was sitting there for a while. A cop walked right up to me and told me I had to move, but didn't say anything about the tint.

Not gonna lie... I let out a slight sigh of relief when he walked away. heh.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.