Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impressions -

This car is better looking in person. MUCH better. I had seen a few around town before I bought mine, but I had never really LOOKED at one. The manual transmission is easy to use and very smooth. At first the feather-light clutch was a bit unnerving, but I'm getting used to it after just 50miles. No squeeks at all in the sunroof, but I think some people were saying those came after several hundred miles...we'll see. A/C blows very cold on "recirculate" mode...I odn't know what people are talking about. When you first turn on your radio turn it to the xA mode IMMEDIATELY. The difference is unbelievable. This car is plenty sporty and quick for anybody. It's no 'vette killer, but it'll accelerate up a hill in 4th (5spd) without much trouble.

I hope this helps anybody still on the edge...

P.S. - Total wait time from when I put down my deposite to when I picked up the car was 18 days. I actually could have picked it up yesterday if I hadn't had to work, so I guess it was really 17 days.

·
Registered
181 Posts
woo hoo.. another one joins the club!! congrats!!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Hey ive been wondering bout that manual gearbox. the xB shiftd like #### when i testdrove it. hows the manual on the tC? never had a manual at the dealership....

·
Registered
100 Posts
OHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!! This is definitely the week for everyone to get their cars. I just got mine today!!!! And I am sooo glad that I got Indigo Ink. It's seriously the best color. (not to be bias) and yes, change the CD player setting to XA. I don't know why that is, but it works.

Anyway, enjoy the cars!!! I know I will.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Jul 29 2004, 08:36 PM
Hey ive been wondering bout that manual gearbox. the xB shiftd like #### when i testdrove it. hows the manual on the tC? never had a manual at the dealership....
The 5spd is very smooth and easy to drive. I haven't stalled at all.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I just grabbed mine tonight. I figured it would take a few months to get my Flint Mica tC, but things totally fell in place this week. I went to see the BSP in person yesterday, and a Flint buyer had backed out.

Financing and insurance went better than expected and I drove home with a new car tonight.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got the call that mine came in yesterday and i am going to pick up the car tomorrow. Super white on it's way and looking forward to bringing her Home!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think I'm going to go crazy reading about all of you getting your cars! My auction for my celica ends today, so I hope it gets to the reserve price, or else I'm gonna have to try to sell it in a car ad which will take another few weeks. I need a TC!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Sell her in http://carsoup.com. I did and mine sold in less than 1 week... actually I sold my car before I even got my tC... I drove the MRs other car for a few days. Boy was I glad when I picked up my car. :)

Congrats to the rest of you... now maybe I will see a few tCs on the road.

·
Registered
793 Posts
WOW....tCs being picked up everywhere!!!

GRATS to all of you on the new car! :thumbs up:

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FOLLOW UP POST -

OK, I still love the car, but what's the deal with the A/C? It takes a good 15min to even START blowing cool air, and even after 30min it never cooled down the car.

Also, I wish it was a 6spd instead of 5, but I think I'll survive

EDIT - OK, I'm retarded. I was just out at my car and realized I didnt' have the temp knob all the way to COOL... The A/C works GREAT.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Jul 30 2004, 12:49 PM
FOLLOW UP POST -

OK, I still love the car, but what's the deal with the A/C? It takes a good 15min to even START blowing cool air, and even after 30min it never cooled down the car.

Also, I wish it was a 6spd instead of 5, but I think I'll survive

EDIT - OK, I'm retarded. I was just out at my car and realized I didnt' have the temp knob all the way to COOL... The A/C works GREAT.
i heard on another post, not sure if it was here or on scionlife, but set your controls to recirculate and you should get cooler air faster.

Dont take my word for it bc i dont know if its true or not.

Liz

1 - 20 of 24 Posts