Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a pretty easy install and the outcome...sleek and subtle. Makes the car look more sporty but not ricey. I did take pics every step of the way and will post them along w/ a "how-to" when I can d/l them from my camera. Going out of town so maybe by Monday.

BTW-The so called "Install Kit" you have to order w/ the lip is simply a Mylar template to mark the holes w/ a centerpunch and the step-by-step instruction sheet to install the darn thing. All hardware comes w/ the lip...not the "Install Kit". Sure seems like $45 is alot of money for a template they could have made out of paper and an instruction manual that should have come w/ the lip itself.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention...If anyone needs a "Install Kit", I got one I'll let go cheap. Yes, It's reuseable. PM me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That "install kit" sounds like a rip. I believe you can do the same thing with some maskingtape and an ink pen, if I read your post right.

late

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the pics into my puter...will be posting step-by-step soon.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, the install kit is lame. i am going to have the shop just order one and bill it to my dept so we always have one around. stop charging the customers for it, now that i know exactly what is in it. they can save it and reuse it a hundred times.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
hey, alp, your car look great. thanks for bringing it in to show it off. Also, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Damon,

Split the cost w/ me and you can have mine. I'm not going to use it again.

Mickael (I think that's how you spell it)

NP...Got a present for you when I get back in town. See you next week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts