Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked my 2006 tC last night and wow. It's even better than I had hoped. I test drove an automatic a couple months ago, and it was nice, but driving my manual home was way more fun and smoother. The clutch is so nice. Of course, I'm used to driving a '73 VW Beetle clutch, so anything is easier than that, but it still seems incredibly smooth.

I already put 100 miles on it within the first 5 hours I had it, cause I had to take it out on on the interstate to see what it could do. I was very impressed with the fact that I was able to get it over 80 before even getting off the entrance ramp without even trying. hehe. I'm definitely going to have to start using cruise control more often than I'm used to, because it's so easy to accelorate that you don't even notice it when you've sped up 15 or 20 mph. I almost cried when I going 75 in 5th gear and then downshifted to 4th and was thrown back in my seat by the acceloration even at that high of speed.

Everybody at work loves my car. They especially seem to love the racing pedals. heh.

Anybody got any good tips for a new owner?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Jun 29 2005, 12:21 PM
don't use cruise controll for the first 500 miles. You need to change your speed at least 5mph every five min to help with break in. If you gun it like that your going to mess up your internals and then you will have perminit power loss.
I agree, don't floor the car for the first 1000 miles at least not for long intervals.

It's really hard to vary your speed often if your going down the highway, even with cruise it doesn't stay exact so you can use it.

Definatly wash and wax the car ASAP, the paint quality has been less than par on a few members cars, including mine, easy to scratch, etc.

·
Registered
72 Posts
when you say wax and wash it do you mean any regular job done at the car wash or do you recommend doing it yourself using specific products? if so what are they. i put my order in last week for a flint mica tc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.