Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Umm... well, I don't plan on interfering with mine and it'll still run, so I'll say non-interference.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Now where's Lo Bux when you need him?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Searching for the thread on this. If I remember correctly, it is an interference design with a chain drive. There is very little to worry about because chains almost never break in an engine. Rubber/Kevlar belts do, but chains don't.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
There he is!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish+Mar 10 2005, 04:07 AM-->QUOTE (Labfish @ Mar 10 2005, 04:07 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Camel
@Mar 9 2005, 12:50 PM
Umm... well, I don't plan on interfering with mine and it'll still run, so I'll say non-interference.
Someone catches on quick around here
[/b]
Yeah and stealing our jobs.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Speak for yourself mad postin' fishman!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Right on! What he said!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
back on topic, it is not an interference engine, and it is chain driven.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
So interference means that there's a chain to drive all the other crap, where non-interference means it's a belt? Do I understand correctly?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
^^ someone answer his question cuz im dieing to know damnit!!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
No. Interference means when the cam drive breaks (as in a belt drive) the pistons hit the valves and bend them. Non-intereference means if the cam drive stops, the engine can turn over indefinitely without damaging anything. This is a big issue with belt driven cams, but only extremely rarely an issue with chain driven cams. I have no fear the chain will break and cause this to be a problem with the 2AZ.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.