Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 05 scion today! im so excited ive been waiting to get one for a while now. But, the only thing im bummed on is that i dont get it till 3 more days and i dont even get the color i want(FLINT MICA) because i live in the middle of nowhere just about so they had a black/blue one so im not sure but other then that i will have pix up soon.

And just wondering whats the new stuff on the 06?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congrats on the new car! Anyway the only thing they changed from 05 to 06 is the stereo head unit and the colors...rumor has it they also changed the formula for the paint. People have experienced some "abnormal wear and tear" on the hood and truck areas of the 05's...Thats about it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey, congrats,

Like quietriot said, basically the changes from 2005 to 2006 are the stereo system. You can no longer get the multi-disk changer but you have the option for getting the iPod stereo instead. Also, the steering wheel on the 06 has stereo controls.

There are two new colors which replaced 2 old ones on the 06.

Oh, I have the Yokohama S32A tires on my 06 rather than the Potenza on the 05.

I can't think of anything elses.

One thing I want to add is that with the SCION, you are probably not gonna see the car you want on the lot. You'll probably have to tell the dealer the color (and options) you want and place a deposit to hold the car.

I bought mine from Carmax in MD. I first talked to my salesperson via e-mail telling him that I wanted (actually my wife) Azure Pearl with side air bags. He told me that he would contact me if a car with such options come in. When it did, I mailed him a deposit for $500 and he held the car for me until I was able to go in and do the paperwork.

I added more options to the car and when it was done picked it up.

So, it's quite common that you won't see the color you want on the lot, you'll just have to be patient about it.

Unless it's too late, you may reconsider and wait for what you really want since you'll probably feel much better about the purchase later on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by easyrider@Aug 5 2005, 06:18 AM
I got the Yokohamas on my '05.  And how did you buy your car through Carmax?
easyrider,

It was pretty easy. I first contacted them that I wanted to buy a car, Joel, the salesperson asked me to send him a list of the options so that he could contact me when a car matching what I wanted was coming in.

When the car came (Azure Pearl with side airbags) he contacted me and I mailed him a deposit check for $500. They then jack the price for that car to $99999 so that no one would buy it.

I made an appoinment to go in and did the paperwork and that was it. I had extra accessories installed and picked up the car when it was ready.

During all the buying process, you only deal with ONE person, the salesperson. There is no finance guy or manager to give you a run-around. They show you the rate right on the screen and they don't push you to add anything extra.

Carmax is probably the best place to buy cars from my experience. They don't play games with you, period. The tC was my 2nd car bought from them. I first went to another dealer because they were closer and they wanted to sell the car so bad they LIED to me
that Scion no longer has the Azure Pearl (my wife wants it) !!! I found that out later and decided to go back to Carmax instead. It was a 45-minute drive but it's worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.