Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, you guys, I did a search and can't find where this specific concern has ever been addressed.

I have an automatic with 5.000 miles on it. When starting the car in the morning cold, even though it is quite warm here in Tenn., I put it in reverse and then shift into Drive. When I shift into Drive, without applying much gas at all, the car will give a big jolt before taking off and driving normally. This has happened about three times in all, and even once when it was almost brand new. My Camry never did anything like that. My tC runs perfectly in all other respects and I LOVE it. No complaints, but what is that jolt?

Anything to be concerned about?

·
Registered
418 Posts
its just the tranny getting the car into gear thats all..nothing to be concerned about..

·
Registered
509 Posts
That can also happen to if your not stopped. I know sometimes if I throw it in reverse and then while its still rolling back put it into drive and take off it will jump a little. Me I have been noticing that when its colder out that engine is slugish. Or when I have a 300lb uncle in the passenger seat wow I feel like I am driving a tank.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
My tC auto is unusually harsh. Definitely not the same as the older Camrys. I too was surprised by how harsh the transition from reverse to drive was while cold. Unfortunately, it seems to be a "they all do it" thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does the tC auto idle in 2nd gear ever? I believe the tibby did which led to some REALLY annoying jolts if you were say, coasting very slowly with the brakes off as you started to go from a light then gave the ole throttle a stomp. as it would throw it into first quickly then go.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't noticed any real jolts in going from 2nd to 3rd. It will however take off rather quickly and give a nice jump, which I like, when accelerating. Definitely not as smooth as my old Camry, but then it is sportier and just seems primed to take off. It is, after all. a sports car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.