Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been lurking on this board for a couple of month--I've picked up a lot of great info. I just got my tC and I'm looking forward to doing some mods

First thing is to make sure I get it off the ground safely. I found the front and rear jack points in the owner's manual and I see the marks on the side for the tire jack. But I didn't see any recommended location to place jack stands. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have this same question, but aren’t the jack points in the middle of the chassis? You can’t put a jack stand there if you want to lift the whole car.

I am painting my calipers and I want to have all 4 wheels off at the same time.

Advice is appreciated

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes, you can put the car on jackstands on the underbody seam. Just be sure the point on the seam is the fully reinforced jack point, not just any spot on the seam. It should be triple thickness at the jack point.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Look in your owner's manual for the jacking points used by the scissors jack Toyco provides. Those jacking points are the same points you put your jackstands.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For the final answer on this:

there are 4 spots marked on the lower skirt of the car with down arrows, behind them you will find the reinforced area to put the jack or jack stands.

jack the car up in the front or back on the steel O located in the middle of the undercairage (rear one is just past the muffler) then put the jack stands at the points where the arrows are, loser the jack and do the other 2 tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts