Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, in the past few weeks I've been on this board I overlooked this forum, so I figured I'd better introduce myself now as I plan to be around for awhile.

I'm Kim, graduated from UCONN in May '05. I'm out in the "real world" now working as a consultant...I love my job. I'm a car addict - I've babied a '96 Cherokee Country for the past 6 years and some dumbass hit me on NYE and it's all cracked up. (But will be getting fixed soon!) My goal after getting a job was to either buy a G35 coupe or Acura TL until I realized that I will probably drive over 25,000 miles/year for my job and that I should be saving up for a house. (Ugh...damn responsibility!) It looks like the tC will fit the bill for my wallet, my need for a manual car, and better gas mileage than the 13mpg my Jeep's eeking out now.

I figure I'll get the G35 coupe in a few years and drop a turbo in it for kicks. If I'm bored and need some speed, I drive my bf's '04 Lightning or go for rides in his 515whp/576tq turbo Mustang GT (quite frankly, I'm terrified to drive it for a number of reasons).

Everyone on YSTC.com has been an awesome help to me answering questions about the drivers seat comfort and financing info. I look forward to purchasing my 5pd FM tC around May-ish!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Welcome. Where in CT you at?

My sister just started at UCONN

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from Danbury. How does your sister like UCONN? I'm still keeping the Jeep, it will be my 2nd vehicle for those days I need 4wd. The reason I want to buy a new car is because I want everything warranteed with all of the miles I'll end up putting on it. I know everything isn't under warrantee, but I'll be sure to get the extended.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yeah she likes it there. Danbury, huh? We meet over at the mall there sometimes (Scikotics NY/CT).

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yeah, back in the day. You really are old Jake!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Lance, I was about to ask why you are up at 5:30 AM on a Sunday, but then I realized that it's only 2:30 where you are.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Listening to Enya wasn't working, so I'm reading/posting so I can fall asleep in a hotel bed.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I know the feeling. I went to sleep around midnight, but woke up around 5 AM because I couldn't breathe. I'll try to sleep again in a little while. This is going to become a problem tomorrow, when I can't just sleep later in the morning...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
My condolences. Mori and I are both getting a cold right now, starting in the throat at the voicebox. I just finally got over one I got in December two days ago. It's coming back. I'm not looking forward to this, I have to fly to New Zealand in a week and a half; I don't want to be congested on a 14 hour flight. Hope you get some relief soon and some rest to help get over it!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Thanks...unfortunately, it didn't get any better after that. It appears that a trip to the doctor is in my future.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Jan 22 2006, 05:29 AM
Yeah, back in the day. You really are old Jake!
13 years ago is back in the day!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by moriarty@Jan 21 2006, 07:44 PM
welcome.

(get a new tC which, is less than an average used car)
Yea, I'm figuring that a new car will be more reliable than a used car.

Small world, Jake. Gotta love Danbury...

krd - Let me know if your sister ever needs help with anything up at UCONN. I taught a class for freshman (FYE) and have made good connections with a wide variety of advisors, professors, and program directors. And I know a few ways to get around things...except parking tickets.

Thanks for all the welcomes - you guys are great!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Thanks for the offer. She's doin pretty well on her own.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.